Jump to content

Vicious brothers arrested after violent murder robbery spree on eastern seaboard - man shot for resisting


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

Region 2 police yesterday announced the quick arrest of two violent brothers who killed a man who resisted and put another in the boot of his stolen Camry then shot at him as he fled. 

 

Arrested were 30 year old Norathip "Golf" Khumphai from Chiang Rai and his brother Chayanat or "Nat", 23, registered as living in Ratchaburi, reported Thai Rath.

 

Taken into evidence was a Nissan March and a Toyota Camry and many other items. 

 

They have been charged with a variety of offences including armed robbery at night and weapons offences that resulted in the death of a man. 

 

They were picked up at Studio 77 in Saraburi.

 

The first case on August 10th was in Bang Lamung in the Pattaya area.

 

The brothers were driving a Nissan March and stole a Toyota Camry from a man called Saharat, 35, at 3 am.

 

He was ordered to get into the trunk of the car then was driven to Chachoengsao where he was released and told to run for it.

 

He was shot at once as he fled in terror.

 

The brothers took the car, a phone and 1,000 baht in cash.

 

Then two days later on Friday the brothers were at it again when they used the stolen Camry and approached a 27 year old man called Piyawat who was driving home to his condo with his girlfriend.

 

He had parked in Soi Laem Chabang Tower. He refused to give up his car and was shot in the head.

 

The thieves stole a phone in a bag and made off.

 

The victim later died in hospital from his grievous wounds.

 

CCTV helped trace the robbers to Saraburi.

 

They admitted everything. The elder brother said that he shot Piyawat because he resisted and he didn't want to be identified.

 

He had frequently invited his brother out to commit crime together. 

 

Police took them on a reenactment to the scenes of their crimes. 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-15

 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

 

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why re-enact these crimes or any crimes for that matter.  I just read of a 70 year old man who robbed a gold store after he watched how it could be done in a re-enactment......Silly Plod here.  Guess they could have the Unabomber in the US re-enact his bombs, or the ....well you get the point. I thought they stopped doing this years ago, but apparently not, it does little to dissuade folks from seeing a crime re-enactment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

They admitted everything.

One slap got them talking, it took 5 slaps to shut them up!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

More pictures of special forces arrest of murder/theft spree brothers on eastern seaboard

 

e96dcfc012092bfad04de1d15d65a3948c12b704197e915fc0e99618d44419fb.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

 

Siam Rath carried a story and pictures regarding the arrest of two hoodlum brothers responsible for a string of thefts and a murder on the eastern seaboard in Thailand. 

 

This has been reported elsewhere on ASEAN NEWS today and can be seen here.

 

Siam Rath published the names of more than 30 Thai policemen who were involved in the hunt and ultimate arrest of two brothers. 

 

6f5f5a9523e9067fa8ba0e5cf5a5133db7d65a948157d9468a45b4d7ad71fe8e.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

 

Their ranks were from general down to lieutenant colonel. 

 

Armed officers from special forces were pictured taking the men into custody.

 

5d4227d3dd67d74f1ef9bcbe30bd6414df7d2fef369e2f5e6a3518c3bb0464cc.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

 

The media said that "Chalam Jor" took the men into custody.

 

Heavily armed SWAT commandos were pictured taking the suspects for reenactments of the vicious crimes in which one man was shot in the head and another put in the boot of a car and driven away. 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-15

 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

 

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
 
8e8d9ba12542b4eae30e92672c8bfd0232fce2d4055a60e0851e290dd873eaf3.jpg
Picture: Siam Rath
2fe48bd90111f8fb85aeb0458bdce23f79d48e45944d4c70cc2913bc7bf0c40f.jpg
Picture: Siam Rath
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why re-enact these crimes or any crimes for that matter.  I just read of a 70 year old man who robbed a gold store after he watched how it could be done in a re-enactment......Silly Plod here.  Guess they could have the Unabomber in the US re-enact his bombs, or the ....well you get the point. I thought they stopped doing this years ago, but apparently not, it does little to dissuade folks from seeing a crime re-enactment.

So, this 70 year old bright spark thought it was a good idea to copy someone that got caught.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

So, this 70 year old bright spark thought it was a good idea to copy someone that got caught.

Yes sir, and that re-enactment of the initial re-enactment was shown again on the news...beggars belief this country is thick.  One wonders what would happen if the had serial killers show how they escaped and murdered many people over the years until caught..copycat serial killings anybody?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

The sons of a Thai politician shot an off-duty cop in a disco over the usual nightclub drunken BS, with dozens of witnesses, just one of their infamous acts of senseless un-avenged violence, they're free to this day. 

One son, not "sons". Duang Yubamrung.  He eventually surrendered to police and was acquitted in court due to insufficient evidence and conflicting witness statements.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Special forces…. 🤭

 

Even Pattaya bar-stoolers can’t stretch it that far !!!

59603EB7-CC1B-4540-BDD0-EAD175983A9E.jpeg

Special fried rice forces. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Reminds me when...

 

The sons of a Thai politician shot an off-duty cop in a disco over the usual nightclub drunken BS, with dozens of witnesses, just one of their infamous acts of senseless un-avenged violence, they're free to this day. 

 

 

I can't link to the story because the website is not approved here due to other content on that site that the Thai authorities deem harmful to the image of Thailand and the Institution.

 

 

 

One of them got made "Minister for Toilets" a while later. Wasn't he or his sibling also made "Police Marksman Instructor" or something.? 😆

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Special forces…. 🤭

 

Even Pattaya bar-stoolers can’t stretch it that far !!!

59603EB7-CC1B-4540-BDD0-EAD175983A9E.jpeg

You beat me too it, Yoiu can see he hasn't missed many free meals.........

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, webfact said:

including armed robbery at night

does armed robbery in the day time carry less of a penalty ? i am so confused. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The elder brother said that he shot Piyawat because he resisted and he didn't want to be identified.

Can't argue with that logic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why re-enact these crimes or any crimes for that matter.  I just read of a 70 year old man who robbed a gold store after he watched how it could be done in a re-enactment......Silly Plod here.  Guess they could have the Unabomber in the US re-enact his bombs, or the ....well you get the point. I thought they stopped doing this years ago, but apparently not, it does little to dissuade folks from seeing a crime re-enactment.

i have a couple of Thai friends who say it's obvious in many of these er-enactments that the police are telling the suspect what to say, where to point etc. Great juatice system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stoner said:

does armed robbery in the day time carry less of a penalty ? i am so confused. 

I believe it does but I could be wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Special forces…. 🤭

 

Even Pattaya bar-stoolers can’t stretch it that far !!!

59603EB7-CC1B-4540-BDD0-EAD175983A9E.jpeg

Why is he teaching him how to play Pool ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Plain clothes officer, not undercover, undercover officers would be, er, undercover, not shown on the media!

Well......he was working undercover.....just couldn't help a good media pose!

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Reminds me when...

 

The sons of a Thai politician shot an off-duty cop in a disco over the usual nightclub drunken BS, with dozens of witnesses, just one of their infamous acts of senseless un-avenged violence, they're free to this day. 

 

 

I can't link to the story because the website is not approved here due to other content on that site that the Thai authorities deem harmful to the image of Thailand and the Institution.

 

 

 

That sons of a Thai politician is a high Police man now !!! The best job in Thailand that's rakes lodes of money !!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

If you read incident reports in the Thai press, the first 3 paragraphs list in detail, the names, job titles and ranks of all the officials involved, and only in the fourth paragraph do they tell you what actually happened.

First line should read "Once upon a time......"

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

One son, not "sons". Duang Yubamrung.  He eventually surrendered to police and was acquitted in court due to insufficient evidence and conflicting witness statements.

Hum....His father duly went to get him and escorted him back to Thailand from Malaysia...witnesses got scarce upon his return

It was public knowledge that these two (brothers) were bad for the business and could not be controlled and a lot of club owners were quite happy not have them as patrons anymore

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, webfact said:

They admitted everything. The elder brother said that he shot Piyawat because he resisted and he didn't want to be identified.

 

He had frequently invited his brother out to commit crime together. 

Back room, injection... next case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...