Gasoline Water Pump

Crossy

This is really gardening as it's too small a scale to be considered a 'farm'.

Anyway, we (my wife) have 1.5 Rai on which we intend building our house 'soon' meantime it's got some fruit trees and palms in pots (grown from seed by the missus, ready to be planted out in the garden when we've finished construction).

We have a man (Mr See) who comes around every day or so and waters this lot by hauling water out of the local khlong with a bucket on a string.

I thought he might like a water pump like this http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/sour...mp-XRB-30-.html to make life easier. Any idea where we might get a baby pump like this in Thailand, cost?

The site currently has no electricity or water supply (that will come when the builders actually start).

BTW We are in Pathum Thani, but can travel sensible distances.

Edited by Crossy

I bought one very similar to that...its two stroke (must mix oil with gas) and is a bit larger but it is small enough so that my wife can carry it. Ours is a Robin which is the same company that makes a very popular weed cutter. I bought mine in Chinagrai at a small hardware store.....they're probably available all over Thailand I guess so if you look I think you'll find one. Maybe if you can find Robin weed cutters for sale you could ask there about it.

Chownah

Edited by chownah

• 3 months later...
This is really gardening as it's too small a scale to be considered a 'farm'.

Anyway, we (my wife) have 1.5 Rai on which we intend building our house 'soon' meantime it's got some fruit trees and palms in pots (grown from seed by the missus, ready to be planted out in the garden when we've finished construction).

We have a man (Mr See) who comes around every day or so and waters this lot by hauling water out of the local khlong with a bucket on a string.

I thought he might like a water pump like this http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/sour...mp-XRB-30-.html to make life easier. Any idea where we might get a baby pump like this in Thailand, cost?

The site currently has no electricity or water supply (that will come when the builders actually start).

BTW We are in Pathum Thani, but can travel sensible distances.

yup, its usually called Robin after the company that produces them, mostly two-stroke. you can get from most hardware shops i believe

Hi Crossy,

While I am not much of an sparky, I am a true gearhead. The robin company is out of Wisconsin USA & is Wisconsin is renouned for building one hel_l of a small or huge engine. The best for all small engines!

The Chinese most likely has a taillight guarantee. You walk out the door & see You!

I just looked at a bunch of weed whackers & compared the Chinese made to a Honda & a Robin.

The Robin & Honda's are more .But they are guarantied

And they sound good compared to the Yak attack I looked at in Pattaya.

The Robin would be a good choice & probably a little less than the Honda line.

Beardog

• 5 months later...

Mr See finally decided he needed a pump after some months of 'not need', we've put a lot more trees in recently. :o

We got a 40mm 'Robin' from our local pumps, generators and engines shop, 5000 Baht plus another 1500 for suction and discharge hoses along with a slack handful of adaptors and a strainer for the suction.

I've never come across a self-priming centrifugal pump before (sheltered life), amazing, sucked the water up the 3m from the river in about a minute, once primed it shifts a lot of water. Interesting page on 'how it works' http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/knowledgebase/selfpriming/ just need to ensure there's water in the casing before starting.