Thaksin comes out to call on Prayut to step down ahead of 8-year term to avoid damaging judiciary

webfact

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thaksin and his sister Yingluck were elected by a free and fair election by the people of Thailand.

Any military coup is treason against the elected government.

Yingluck was still the PM of a caretaker government and was planning the next free and fair election for the Thai people. As for the outstanding charges against them both, they were brought as a result of 2 military coups.

What I find difficult to understand is that not one member of any military coup (and Thailand has had many) has ever been brought to a trial.

Soldiers and guns!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

“After 8-years in power, he (Prayut) should step down and not allow this issue to reach the courts, because if the court finds ways to justify having him to continue, it would be damaging to the judiciary and the system,”

Thaksin added to the damage and also benefited from the general damaged state.

52 minutes ago, luckyblock token said:

Taksin was the best PM in thai history ever.

let the people vote in a fair election and everybody will see the result

He was never elected by fair election previously.  What makes you so sure he would be elected if he was to face one?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thaksin and his sister Yingluck were elected by a free and fair election by the people of Thailand.

Yingluck was still the PM of a caretaker government and was planning the next free and fair election for the Thai people. As for the outstanding charges against them both, they were brought as a result of 2 military coups.

You appear not to understand what a "free and fair election" is.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

He was never elected by fair election previously.  What makes you so sure he would be elected if he was to face one?

If he wasn't elected by a free and fair election please tell us why he was elected for his second term winning an overall majority in the house?

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

You appear not to understand what a "free and fair election" is.

You can't believe that the last election was anything but free and fair.

Elected party leaders being banned. Political parties being disbanded and over 6 million voters disenfranchised.

Not to mention the Election Commission breaking its own rules and the law by changing the party list rules so that minnow parties could get party list seats.

If you actually do believe that I am glad that you had/have no vote in Thailand elections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

You forgot to mention ripping off the country, tax evasion and his extrajudicial murders.

Your response to a very extensive, factual list of Thaksin’s accomplishments is to regurgitate nonsense junta / anti-democracy / semi-fascist propaganda.

????????????

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

https://www.britannica.com/science/Dunning-Kruger-effect

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Thaksin is clearly out of touch the judiciary here is just a nodding dog for the government and has completely lost any form of independence and justice making decisions are a shambles.

Thaksin is no doubt fully aware of that given the persecution he and his family received and  continues to receive by the Thai judiciary at the behest of the current PM and his ultra corrupt cronies.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Twists and turns... he has more moves than a girl up a pole in Pattaya.

He's gotta another week...

We should be getting giddy regarding the speculative affair, waiting to see what they come up with next. 

Wonder what the anointed one has up his sleeve.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Don't forget those naughty soldiers firing into a temple and killing the nurse will you.

And if you think the current lot are whiter than white and are squeaky clean then I pity you.

Do you think that the bomb/mine detectors really worked, or the army blimp was a great buy? How about the aircraft carrier with no aircraft, or the submarines with no engines or perhaps the F35?

And you think that Thaksin was ripping the country off?

I did not state that I thought the current lot are whiter than white, I did not even mention the other lot on this thread (at no time, never), please stop trying to push my beliefs towards ANY political party.

They are all as bad as each other.

Just because this lot are crooked, it does not give Thaksin the right to a soapbox to spout about the country that he previously raped.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Just because this lot are crooked, it does not give Thaksin the right to a soapbox to spout about the country that he previously raped.

Oh I don't know... he is Thai and an ex-PM. Perhaps has more right to spout off than all the talking heads on this forum!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Your response to a very extensive, factual list of Thaksin’s accomplishments is to regurgitate nonsense junta / anti-democracy / semi-fascist propaganda.

????????????

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

https://www.britannica.com/science/Dunning-Kruger-effect

Are you really trying to deny these things happened? :shock1:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Oh I don't know... he is Thai and an ex-PM. Perhaps has more right to spout off than all the talking heads on this forum!

he is Thai

Tony Woodsome does not sound like a typical Thai name to me. :cheesy:

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Haha 1