No Problems from Cannabis Legalization: Health Minister

snoop1130

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Yes I did see a lot more from alcohol, mostly fights and drivers.  

It's not really valid to say cannabis is ok because alcohol is a lot worse, it's a bit like saying you can stick your fingers in that 220v outlet because it's not as bad as jumping off that high building.

Completely agree, but I dont see you preaching your gospel on an anti alcohol crusade!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, AnnaBanana said:

...and do what? Learn the lessons that nutcases like Harry J. Anslinger and J. Edgar Hoover had been conning people with since the 1920s?16437826732368770342445493777066.jpg.50c3d38fbf6e3b8ccb036bf1801163ea.jpg

And also solely responsible for the unfounded and irrational concerns of non users today. amazing really 

27 minutes ago, Tall Midget said:

Completely agree, but I dont see you preaching your gospel on an anti alcohol crusade!

I enjoy a glass of wine.  I don't see a problem with sensible alcohol consumption.  Actually, I don't have a problem with people smoking cannabis, if it doesn't cause them a problem.  The problem I have with cannabis is the people who develop a problem with it (by that I mean triggering metal illness), they generally think they can smoke more to alleviate the symptoms, and that doesn't work, it's a downward spiral.  The issue is how do we know which category a new user of THC is going to be in?

I am also against the young with still developing brains taking it.

19 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Can you read?

I said I used a little in 2004, not that I "smoked a joint".  I smoked a few times a week after work for a few months.  I stopped because the mental tasks I had to do at work, I couldn't complete without reverting to the computer.  I noticed I had "lost my edge".

Of course I do go around with my clipboard asking everyone I meet if (a) they are depressed, and (b) do they use marijuana (not!).  I came to the conclusion my cannabis use may have been responsible for my depression after reading "Cannabis Pharmacy, the practical guide to medical marijuana" by Michael Backes, Andrew Weil M.D. & Jack McCue M.D. where it states there is a biphasic (a big word for you) link between depression and getting high  and I test that hypothesis (I know it's probably another big word for you) when other people tell me they suffer with depression.

I never said my friend ate "a couple of space brownies", reread what I said. I gave no indication of how many she has eaten.  It was her choice to go to a health farm at great expense for her.  I was simply travelling down to another of my homes in Thailand and gave her a lift.

Judgmental aren't you, magistrates are arrogant and hypocrites, actually we volunteer our time unpaid to give something back to society.  Life has been particularly good to me, I've been most fortunate and I really enjoy giving something back.  Most magistrates fall into two categories, they have either been extremely successful in business and can both afford the time out their business and want to give something back, or their employer recognises the good they are doing and continues to fund their salary for the time they volunteer.

I can see why defendants up in front of a magistrate might consider them arrogant, perhaps that is where you formulated your opinion?

So you smoked a little bit of weed, and couldn't handle it, that seems to be quite a common experience shared by the more vocal opponents, then you read a book and impressed yourself by learning a few mew words  that for same reason you think I find challenging lol  i'm guessing you actually had to look them up ! Most people would have just stopped  at that point . But for some reason known only to yourself, you have chosen to continue your philanthropic research by questioning all the depressed people you meet! 

Magistrates as far as I and most others are concerned fall into one category,that of the arrogant self- righteous type, who consider  themselves  superior to, and fit to pass judgement upon others,. Indeed the fact that somebody considers themselves worthy of this position  is the prime reason why their application should be rejected. How many cannabis users did you sentence to community service "for their own good and the good of society" during your cannabis induced depression ? 

"giving a little back to society" ?   Hah,!   massaging your own ego would be a more accurate description.

On the occasions when I have found myself on the wrong end of the justice system, I was lucky , in that the severity of the allegations actually meant that people like you were not considered fit to pass judgement on me I , On the advice of my solicitor I elected for crown court where I was tried and following the directions of a proper Judge   acquitted , 

You are not a magistrate in Thailand  Regardless of what you think, you are in fact no different to me or the the rest of the people that your type despise . 

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 3:16 AM, JBChiangRai said:

If the law is followed, cannabis with 0.2% THC won’t cause a problem. Unfortunately, it’s not being followed and THC content nearer 100 times that is being sold.

In higher concentrations (enough to give a high) it can cause mental illness in a significant proportion of people and affects brain development in most young and still developing brains.

I am not sharing an opinion, I am stating medical fact.

Thailand is ill prepared for mental illness.

I've been around cannabis for about 5 decades so I wonder where about your fact statement "that it can cause mental illness in a significant proportion of people" is based on.

Do you have any reference that you can share with us ?

The only people I've seen getting some kind of reinforced mental illness after getting high are those people that already were mentally unstable before.

It's like with booze, some people can handle it others go nuts

But the real drug problem in Thailand & South East Asia is meth.

Compared to ganja there you have a drug that breaks you down, mentally and physically. 

Since Prayth and his goons took over, the meth tsunami has quadrupled.

60% of the prisoners has mental problems caused by years of smoking jaba.

Like I've said before; nobody is interested smoking hemp with 0.2% THC. In my country that has one of the strongest drug laws in Europe, hemp has always been legal because people understand how ridiculous it would be smoking it. Leave it to the rope and clothes industry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

I enjoy a glass of wine.  I don't see a problem with sensible alcohol consumption.  Actually, I don't have a problem with people smoking cannabis, if it doesn't cause them a problem.  The problem I have with cannabis is the people who develop a problem with it (by that I mean triggering metal illness), they generally think they can smoke more to alleviate the symptoms, and that doesn't work, it's a downward spiral.  The issue is how do we know which category a new user of THC is going to be in?

I am also against the young with still developing brains taking it.

Well I don't enjoy a glass of wine but have no problem with those that do . The problem I have with alcohol is the people who develop a problem with it ( by that I mean  triggering various forms of anti social behaviour )    all generally people who think they can drink more to alleviate their symptoms,  that doesn't work very well either does it ?   How pray tell to we know what "category" a new user of Alcohol will be in ?  A wife beater ? A violent thug? a Bed wetter ?  a Drink driver , or maybe an arrogant bore ?

Why are you not aware of the fact that it is forbidden for those under a certain age ?  

2 hours ago, Tall Midget said:

The reason could be that this thread is about cannabis not alcohol. Anyway they are still in the transition phase and the new laws will be out soon that hopefully will address some of the concerns. AS with alcohol it looks like cannabis will not be allowed to be sold or advertised online along with various other regulations. 

1 hour ago, coolcarer said:

The reason could be that this thread is about cannabis not alcohol.

That it is, but I dont see the the puritans banging the drum about alcohol on other parts of the forum. If they dont want to smoke then fine, but dont start telling others what they should/ should not do.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tall Midget said:

That it is, but I dont see the the puritans banging the drum about alcohol on other parts of the forum. If they dont want to smoke then fine, but dont start telling others what they should/ should not do.

But the poster you replied to had already stated he had seen worse from alcohol related incidents so had in fact acknowledged that for you. Again this is not about alcohol it’s about cannabis. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

But the poster you replied to had already stated he had seen worse from alcohol related incidents so had in fact acknowledged that for you. Again this is not about alcohol it’s about cannabis. 

OMG, how pedantic.......

zzzzzzzzzzzzz  bye

Edited by Tall Midget

On 8/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, overherebc said:

So no clauses for recreational use will make it legal?

I believe that wil be the case by default.  However, it has now been reported that the second reading of the bill outlaws online sales and advertising of cannabis products and paraphanalia, which was not, I think, in the first draft but I could only find a summary of that, not the full version. I am not sure, if vendors will still be able to send products to customers without online websites.  It is difficult to stop businesses from having a FB page with a phone number. And it will be impossible to stop overseas retailers like Aliexpress from selling bongs and pipes into Thailand. 

Anyway the bottom line is that, since the reports of the second reading emphasise the banning of online selling and advertising only, it is clear that there is no wording to ban recreational use per se. 

36 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I believe that wil be the case by default.  However, it has now been reported that the second reading of the bill outlaws online sales and advertising of cannabis products and paraphanalia, which was not, I think, in the first draft but I could only find a summary of that, not the full version. I am not sure, if vendors will still be able to send products to customers without online websites.  It is difficult to stop businesses from having a FB page with a phone number. And it will be impossible to stop overseas retailers like Aliexpress from selling bongs and pipes into Thailand. 

Anyway the bottom line is that, since the reports of the second reading emphasise the banning of online selling and advertising only, it is clear that there is no wording to ban recreational use per se. 

Smoking in public,

Illegal. That really leaves smoking at home.

Can grow 5 plants at home. If you are Thai  over 20 etç.

Where does that leave expats and tourists?

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Smoking in public,

Illegal. That really leaves smoking at home.

Can grow 5 plants at home. If you are Thai  over 20 etç.

Where does that leave expats and tourists?

Tourists who want to come to smoke should be dicouraged??

Edited by overherebc