TAT to Propose Visa Extension for Tourists

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Kerryd said:

People here whine to no end about having to do "90 Day Reports" as it is. Imagine the amount of cheese that would be needed if they had to go to Immigration every 60 days instead !

I thought it was easier in the Philippines.

But why do we have to do 90 day reports....?

7 hours ago, pomchop said:

TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said that TAT would propose tourist visas be valid for 45 days instead of 30 days and visas on arrival for 30 days instead of 15 days and the measure should continue until Dec 31, 2022.

One might think they would know that a tourist visa which is a pain in the butt to get online is valid for 60 days and not 30...why would anyone go through all the hassles of downloading doc after doc and paying a non refundable $40 and then waiting 10 days or more to get a response if all they get is the same 30 days (not 15 days) that a visa exempt person get for doing/paying nothing?

It always amazes me that that these govt and big corps can't spend a few baht to hire a native or at least fluent English speaker to PROOF READ their announcements.  It would take all of about 5 minutes for someone to point out the obvious errors. How much could that cost?  I suspect the problem is that it would cause some bigwig to lose face when shown he has no clue about proper english.

I am no supporter of TAT but most people would refer to them as Tourist Visas.

How many people on this site continually refer to Retirement Extensions as Visas?.

They are English speakers.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

I am no supporter of TAT but most people would refer to them as Tourist Visas.

How many people on this site continually refer to Retirement Extensions as Visas?.

They are English speakers.

This is an good example of when we should get the terminology correct.....as otherwise we get confusion. Like holding back the tide. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, transam said:

But why do we have to do 90 day reports....?

So they can tell if you are still alive !

Really no other reason for it. Most people on yearly extensions aren't changing addresses every couple of months or doing anything else that would concern Immigration so the only real reason they could have for the 90 day reports is to see if you show up (or mail it in or do it online).

Lol - though I suspect if you don't do the report, they won't actually go check to see if you are dead or not.

(When Dad died I did go to Immigration to inform them so they wouldn't list him as being on overstay or something. If I recall they did cancel his visa/extension.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Also - Siamburi's has excellent prices on cheese and a decent selection of them. Maybe they could do a "90 Day Report Whine" promotion. Show up with your new 90 Day report notice and get a discount on their cheapest cheese (and wine) for your whine !

This must win the funniest award of the day so far in response to an off topic deflective post. Well done sir.

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

I thought they have already removed the TM6 requirement? I did not have to fill up one when I arrived a few days back.

It was only by air then.

Now they are proposing it not be needed at certain border crossings.

• Like 1