Massive Electricity bills from September and so much the other week stating they would freeze it

jwest10

4 hours ago, MJCM said:

If they use less then 150 units in 3 months, then the following months (and they use less then 50 units) the electricity bill is free, but 50 units is not a lot. And this only is for people who use the smallest Electricity Meter (5/15kWh)

1x 60W fan used 12 hours a day already consumes 21 Units a Month.

So having a couple of fans and some lights already makes it go over 50 Units per month easily

Read here

Ps: It says 2015 but it's still in effect

Rate2015.pdf 1021.26 kB · 1 download

Thank you for this,

I knew the qualification rate for the poor on Electricity discount was very mall, but was unsure of exactly how small.

All I know, is this being Thailand, there would not be too much for free.

9 hours ago, chalawaan said:

There's a popular saying that any country is two meals away from a revolution. 

In reality, it depends...

Africa has starved for decades under the same old despots that live obscenely long lives.

The French riot at the drop of a berét. 

The Brits and Americans, Aussies, Kiwis Canucks etc. moan and blame each other, as their elites get away with destroying their countries from within.

The Thais are taught that hardship is their lot, and to climb the ladder (in the next life) they need to be good little religious kiddies, shut up, and get on with the struggle of life at the bottom. 

Seems to me like the higher up the Thai ladder, the less good is manifest.

If this religious law is to be believed, the Salim should spend most of their free time contemplating suffering at the temple, when not handing out hot meals in the slums!

Well said.