Money disappeared from BTS Rabbit card?

Lorry

Credit went down fast the last couple of months.

But when it jumped from 9xx to 7xx I was like "did I forget any trips I took?"

Today credit jumped from 7xx to 5xx, I went to BTS Thonglor and asked for the history. They promised it in 2 hours.  Callcenter confirmed,  it takes 1 hour. 

After 3 hours they told me to come back tomorrow,  maybe, maybe they will have the history...

Call Center: "wait 5-10 minutes".... that was 30 minutes ago.

Oh, and they refuse to print out that now there are 527 baht on the card. 

The card is only used for BTS.

Any experience like this?

How to handle this?

Do you have your card linked to Rabbit Line-Pay?

If not you can see the history (last 10 transactions) the newer BTS ticket machines (the big ones).

For more history they have to do an enquiry, which whilst it actually takes a few seconds takes ruddy ages to come through.

If you are linked to Line-Pay then you should be able to see what's what on the Line App.

EDIT I believe there's a Rabbit service desk at Siam BTS (take the ID you used to register your card).

• Like 1

I was suspicious because many, many times i get refused at the turnstile when i enter BTS. Get the reed screen "please try again".

But they really never deducted money when this happens (happens 70% of the time)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I was suspicious because many, many times i get refused at the turnstile when i enter BTS. Get the reed screen "please try again".

But they really never deducted money when this happens (happens 70% of the time)

Yeah, the fare is deducted on exit so a mis-read isn't an issue at either end.

You shouldn't be having that many mis-reads though. Is the card in your wallet or a holder of some sort? Other cards (MRT card for example) or metal can interfere with the operation.

It might be worth asking for a replacement (go to the service centre, the ticket office can do it but they are very reticent to).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Is the card in your wallet or a holder of some sort?

Yes

And since covid i try to do it touchless, not rubbing the card over the reader but holding it an inch (or a cm) over the reader. 

Nobody does this,  and i suspect the system isn't really up to it.

(I learned my covid behavior in Taiwan where people don't even touch handrails. You really internalize these things after a while)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Yes

And since covid i try to do it touchless, not rubbing the card over the reader but holding it an inch (or a cm) over the reader. 

Nobody does this,  and i suspect the system isn't really up to it.

(I learned my covid behavior in Taiwan where people don't even touch handrails. You really internalize these things after a while)

My card lives in a leather ID holder (neck dangler) and it works pretty reliably if you are within 10mm or so but in reality I do touch the plate like most others do.

I also use a lot of hand sanitiser, if I see free sanitiser - sanitise!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Time to amend the thread title?!

Yes, I should add a question mark after the title. 

How to do that?

I asked mod.

(I wrote the title when they were stonewalling about the history, that really seemed fishy. Next time I will just look it up at the machine like crossy said)

Edited by Lorry