❤️ THE SURVEY OF LOVE ❤️ - Is your wife an ex-bargirl ?

Baron Samedi

❤️ THE SURVEY OF LOVE ❤️  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats why people can’t be bothered with these threads. 

None of my friends have married ex-bar girls.... they have married well educated women from similar and financially independent socio-economic backgrounds....

But... such comments are unpopular on these forums as the mongers want their choices normalised, to do so they attempt to throw ridicule at those who have not had such limited options and make sarcastic comments as if accusing those who are in more ’normal relationships’ of lying.....  (as above)... so why would anyone with a well educated wife from a decent background even bother exposing themselves to the potential debate with a monger ???

I am sure that plenty of 50 year old+ Farangs have married university girls, but that is not what this topic is about. 

This topic is about Farangs married to ex-bargirls. 

There are 2 major traps for Farangs married to bargirls:

1. The inevitable Thai boyfriend. Also known as "brother" "uncle" or "water delivery guy".

2. "Customer before". 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think we all know that this is a very 'clickbaity' topic thread, and many members will view.

Some (who voted yes) will look for solidarity in numbers.

Many (who voted no, or refused to vote) will look to take the high ground and look down on others.

My hat goes off to @4MyEgofor his honest post. ????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am sure that plenty of 50 year old+ Farangs have married university girls, but that is not what this topic is about. 

This topic is about Farangs married to ex-bargirls. 

There are 2 major traps for Farangs married to bargirls:

1. The inevitable Thai boyfriend. Also known as "brother" "uncle" or "water delivery guy".

2. "Customer before". 

You seem to think you are an authority on farang married to bar prossies. 

How did you gain your experience? 

Are you a monger?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Out of sheer curiosity I'm trying to figure out the percentage..."

But only out of Thaivisa posters.  You seem to be assuming that expat/Thai marriages only happen to Thaivisa members but, thank God, there's a lot more to life than that which appears on this forum. 

Bearing in mind the comparatively small numbers of foreigners that know of the existence of Thaivisa, I'd venture a guess that there are more expat/Thai marriages between people who know nothing at all about your "survey" than those who will take part in it.

Come on Lou, it's not ThaiVisa like it used to be, any more. 

Same could be said about two certain footy teams.............ooops, sorry.   555

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Out of sheer curiosity I'm trying to figure out the percentage..."

But only out of Thaivisa posters.  You seem to be assuming that expat/Thai marriages only happen to Thaivisa members but, thank God, there's a lot more to life than that which appears on this forum. 

Bearing in mind the comparatively small numbers of foreigners that know of the existence of Thaivisa, I'd venture a guess that there are more expat/Thai marriages between people who know nothing at all about your "survey" than those who will take part in it.

Expand  

Come on Lou, it's not ThaiVisa like it used to be, any more. 

Ya think?

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I bet his wife wouldn't take her hat off. 

Looks like someone got burnt by a bargirl, you can hold onto that for the rest of your life, enjoy every moment of it, or you can let it go, many get burnt by non bar girls, it's just a title, next thing you'll be telling us all is you've never paid for sex because your a hanhom man ????

Do me a favour, don't railroad the topic.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You'd be amazed at the massive percentage of "Thaivisa" foreigners that have somehow married into affluent and influential Thai families with pale-skinned Thai-Chinese wives holding PhDs up the ying-yang employed in excessively well-paid managerial positions with huge multi-nationals who wouldn't know what a bar was if it jumped up and bit them on the a_rse!

Let's not forget they were all virgins too ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

In all the years I have lived here, I have only known one man who was courageous enough to say yes. When out in public, at a dinner party, etc. He would say my wife used to work in a bar, or if with the guys, he would freely admit he picked her up in a bar, and married her. That takes alot of courage and chutzpah. Gotta admire it. I have known other guys who married bar girls, and went so far out of their way to create a backstory. She has a masters degree in this or that, she ran a chain of restaurants, etc. Hilarious stuff. 

I think there is not much point in discussing this.

Most guys who live here long enough will have a good idea if the wife worked previously in a bar. Those girls behave in general differently than the others.

If someone would ask me at dinner where I met my wife then the answer could be any of the following:

- yes, and you know that (or at least can guess it)

- no, because I don't want to explain life to you (not said loud)

- it's not your business

And obviously if there are several people present including the wives then maybe it's not the good idea to point at your wife and tell everybody: I met her in baby agogo. 

• Like 1

Many years ago, I was a regular customer in one bar, and I was sitting next to one of the cashiers. She worked there for years. I never saw her going out with any customer but maybe she did. And it doesn't really matter.

Years later she worked in an accounting company, and she contacted me to do some computer work for that accounting company. All fine.

And at some stage I asked her about her experience with working in a bar and a "normal" job. She told me in average she like the bar girls more than the "normal" girls. Because the bar girls are more honest, and other reasons. I found that interesting. And I wasn't surprised.

But that obviously doesn't mean all bar girls are better than all normal girls.

Maybe the next survey should be: How do women select who they marry. IMHO there won't be much difference between bar girls and others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Thanks. Well spoken. I like to call them working gals. And many of them are lovely women, who like you say had a desperate hand dealt to them by life, and Thai society, and were courageous enough to lift themselves up, and make a better life for themselves. It is very easy for us to be judgmental. We have never had to face the choice of working in a factory for 50-60 hours a week, for $450 a month, before taxes and expenses, (and how does one get by on that kind of income?) or doing the alternative, hoping to find a good man, and financial stability for themselves, and their poor families.

It is called natural selection. The desire to survive and prosper. How can anyone be blamed for that?

Summed up exactly how it is for most.

No female wants to work in an industry spreading her legs to strangers, that said, if they have an alternative choice.

Let's look at an example, say a Thai woman in her early twenties with 2 kids got the sheet kicked out of her constantly buy her partner, who in the beginning turned out to be a good guy, but as soon as the kids came into the picture turned nasty, naturally that woman would depend on him to support her with two kids, after all, who is going to look after them when she is a 1,000 kilometres away from her family, that said, if she returned to the family with 2 more mouths to feed when they're doing it tough already, hence the reason that women left to go to BKK to work and send money back, ultimately she would have to leave her partner as the cops couldn't do anything to stop the abuse when neighbours would call them.

That woman would have to return and then cop the harsh reality from her father about bringing two more mouths to feed with no money coming in, did I mention this is the reality of poor families, as opposed to westerners taking them in because they can afford too, only option with no education is to go to see a friend of a friend in a red light district, fortunately as you say, many can get picked up out of there pretty quickly by a farang and provided a life one could only dream of, that or end up with a cheap Charlie who takes them back to his country to look after his parents, all the time while living out of his parents garage to save on renting a place.

I could go on, but I know you and most who have a good Thai wife who perhaps hit rock bottom looks at you as their hero and appreciates you every single hour of every single day, then there's the ones who turn into Hi-So wanna be's, but that's a different story.

Fat of the matter is most farangs haven't got a clue of what really goes on or where these gals come or came from, for them it's easy to judge them for what they perceive them to be, and how they want them to be, they dominate them and treat them like <deleted>, now to me, having been with many women in my life's journey, I can't say that I have had a single woman do me wrong, why, because if you treat a woman with respect, she will want to stay with you forever, as for financial security, that is every woman's intention who cannot do it on her own due to lack of education or wanting to just be a humble house wife looking after her man, and  there is nothing wrong with either in my opinion.

As for the angry birds out there who judge the bargirls for what they see them as, well what can I say, it doesn't take much to have a personality, which they must all lack ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Looks like someone got burnt by a bargirl, you can hold onto that for the rest of your life, enjoy every moment of it, or you can let it go, many get burnt by non bar girls, it's just a title, next thing you'll be telling us all is you've never paid for sex because your a hanhom man ????

Do me a favour, don't railroad the topic.

Never been burnt by a Thai prostitute. Used them a few times, but only more than 20 years ago when I was single. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Should I ever choose to marry, I really don't care what work she might have done before, even if she worked in a bar.

What if you decided to live in Thailand?

If she worked as a sex worker there is a very god chance that you'd bump into some of her old clients, especially in Pattaya. 

• Like 2