Using a Pattaya agent while living in Bkk

I'm due to fly back soon and want to sort a 15 month, non O visa. i was in Pattaya before and know the agents are cheaper. Does it make sense to use them if you end up living in Bkk though?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The disadvantage of using a Pattaya agent is that you will almost certainly end up being officially resident at a fictitious Pattaya address. However, even if you use a Bangkok agent, your application might well end up being processed through Pattaya unless you explicitly ensure otherwise.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The disadvantage of using a Pattaya agent is that you will almost certainly end up being officially resident at a fictitious Pattaya address. However, even if you use a Bangkok agent, your application might well end up being processed through Pattaya unless you explicitly ensure otherwise.

Bkk agents more likely use Khon Kaen and other up country offices, all illegal of course if you do not live there

• Like 1

Use an agent from Pattaya.

Cheaper than Bangkok.

As mentioned above KK is where most business is done and your stamps will be from up country..

What type of non O where you obtaining.

Rule out based on volunteering. 

Edited by DrJack54

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Use an agent from Pattaya.

Cheaper than Bangkok.

As mentioned above KK is where most business is done and your stamps will be from up country..

What type of non O where you obtaining.

Rule out based on volunteering. 

retirement

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PeachCH said:

Agents can also do the 90 days reporting. Some people in Pattaya didn't visit the immigration office for years. 

So with the fake Pattaya address, they do that 90 days reporting. Makes sense.

Agents can help when a person is unfamiliar with the process and requirements.  I'm not against agents, but the possibility of falling prey to fake agents and ending up in all sorts of problems, I suggest you either consult a certified law firm, look for recommended and trusted agents, or simply do the work yourself which is simple and straightforward, and will cost you much less.

I hate immigration with a passion. But I DIY.

And I dress smart casual, as the sign asks.

I've been excused minor omissions a few times (one I recall was when I forgot my bankbook!) That would normally involve being sent home, to come back next day. So...

31 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Decide where you're  gonna live then use a legal agent from the correct office.

I never realised 'agents were legal' at immigration offices. Didn't 'The Big Joke' at one time put a ban on all agents from IO's?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

hi there ive used 1 in Bangkok for many years and around the same price or cheaper than quotes i got from them in Pattaya, if you want his details contact me ok, i go into hospital tomorrow for 2 or 3 days then i can answer you if you like, regards Rob

• Like 2

I use an agent in Pattaya and I'm in Sakon Nakhon.

Makes my life much easier.

Once you're established with your agent you really don't have to visit or travel to Pattaya.  Although it probably makes a nice break from Bangkok occasionally. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1sickpuppy said:

hi there ive used 1 in Bangkok for many years and around the same price or cheaper than quotes i got from them in Pattaya, if you want his details contact me ok, i go into hospital tomorrow for 2 or 3 days then i can answer you if you like, regards Rob

yes thanks

On 8/21/2022 at 8:29 PM, Regain said:

want to sort a 15 month, non O visa.

Does this mean that you are planning to seek a 90-day non-O conversion at an immigration office, followed, in due course, by an annual extension of stay for retirement? There is no such thing as a "15-month non-O visa" apart from multi-entry non-O's for marriage issued by the Savannakhet Consulate! Hence my confused reaction to your original post!!

Edited by OJAS

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

Does this mean that you are planning to seek a 90-day non-O conversion at an immigration office, followed, in due course, by an annual extension of stay for retirement? There is no such thing as a "15-month non-O visa" apart from multi-entry non-O's for marriage issued by the Savannakhet Consulate! Hence my confused reaction to your original post!!

what he is quoting there is the standard term when using an agent, 15 months, 3 months non imm O and 12 months extension, arranged by the agent

• Like 2

On 8/23/2022 at 4:57 AM, scubascuba3 said:

what he is quoting there is the standard term when using an agent, 15 months, 3 months non imm O and 12 months extension, arranged by the agent

To me, sounds like a 1 year multi-entry, where you have to border bounce every 3 months with the last bounce just before the visa runs out making that one visa last you for 12 + 3 months. Just needs border bounces.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, blackshadow said:

months ago i PM D SOMEONE re agent.....never got a thank you for being helpful..!!!

You poor neglected child.

Perhaps you should complain to the person you messaged. You've never done jack squat for me ???? 

• Haha 1