Asthma Inhaler to help Breathe

Neeranam

OK, thanks for the answers. 

As I suspected, it would be wiser to see a doctor. 

Would you recommend a normal GP or some specialized one? Sheryl mentioned hear and lungs.

Maybe I'll go for one of those health check packages, it's been a year since last one. 

Any knowledge of ones in Hua Hin?

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

This is contraindicated  in the presence of some cardiac problems. Which may present as shortness of  breath. Do not self prescribe. 

been using for many years 3 kinds expensive <deleted> always told me its asthma since i was 40 , now I've always been a heavy smoker 1-1/2 packs a day  then they added COPD to my asthma fo some years i told them i dont have asthma so to prove it to them(both usa and thai) doctors i quit smoking and drinking when i turned 68 that was  4 months ago never had a problem. My point is whatever diagnosis  that pays the smocks the most will be your problem, they sure didnt have much to say other then ah we think you should continue to line our pockets but very occasionally with bad air i sometimres use a puff or 2 of Ventolin.

• Thanks 1

Strange thing, I only feel short of breath when in my swimming pool, underwater. I used to be able to hold my breath for 3 minutes but now it's about 40 seconds. Pulse is not 48, used to be less.

I am fine when I run 7km, the only other time is when I am going to sleep. 

Possibly, it is related to anxiety, although I generally feel less anxious than times in the past.

Edited by Neeranam

37 minutes ago, portlandtree said:

always told me its asthma since i was 40 , now I've always been a heavy smoker 1-1/2 packs a day

I had asthma when young and grew out of it. Quit smoking 10 years ago, apart from the yearly cigar. 

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange thing, I only feel short of breath when in my swimming pool, underwater. I used to be able to hold my breath for 3 minutes but now it's about 40 seconds. Pulse is not 48, used to be less.

I am fine when I run 7km, the only other time is when I am going to sleep. 

Possibly, it is related to anxiety, although I generally feel less anxious than times in the past.

Depends on how heavily your pool is chlorinated, chlorine does attack the lungs. The fact you don't experience the same when running would tend to support the hypothesis.

Your lung capacity should be 5.5 to 6 litres if you are a non-smoker, 3 or 4 litres there is definitely something wrong. See a doctor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pod8460 said:

I had shortness of breath when swimming laps in a highly chlorinated pool.  I stopped using that pool and the symptoms cleared.  I have no breathing issues at all now. 

Hmm, I had no idea, I've recently moved into a new house with a pool. There are 3 chlorine tablets at the bottom of the pool. 

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

it is related to anxiety, although I generally feel less anxious than times in the past.

I have shortness of breath once in a while by anxiety. I have had this with me for long time. "Salty" food,  caffeine, alcohol and dehydration will trigger it. 

• Like 1

Did a pulmonary test today,  breathing into a tube. 

Then took a puff of an inhaler,  waited and did it again. 

Bkk hospital have a long covid package. 

Don't know the results as the doctor was busy and have to go back tomorrow,  so much for private fast treatment. 

22 hours ago, The Theory said:

I have shortness of breath once in a while by anxiety. I have had this with me for long time. "Salty" food,  caffeine, alcohol and dehydration will trigger it. 

So cut out the salty food, caffein and dehydration out.

• Like 1