Using same pics for marriage extension again?

1 hour ago, dayo202 said:

Few years ago my photos was rejected because all the photos was taken on the same day as we had the same clothes on for all of the photos ( Pathum Thani )

I find that hard to believe. In the years I've been doing extensions I've never had an IO sit and do a comparison check on the documents/photos used the year before. May be it's just me?  :chitown:

Edited by IvorBiggun2

3 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

I do because:

1. I get a very good price

2. I dont want to be bothered with going down and waiting around which I have done in the past and

3. I have a lot of things to do.

Don't blame you mate. If I could afford it I'd do the same. It's a pain in the ass and doesn't get any better. I've done 15.

18 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I find that hard to believe. In the years I've been doing extensions I've never had an IO sit and do a comparison check on the documents/photos used the year before. May be it's just me?  :chitown:

If they want to make a problem, they will find something...

How about me, married in LOS for many years, marriage visas, extension, the immigration bloke wanted something in print regarding my UK divorce, many, many years before..............????

Yes, he got some verbal from me and Mrs.T....????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, warrima said:

I had all new photos for my family extension except the one with me and my daughter in front of the school sign. Thought id get away with just using last years and save me a trip to the school. They picked up on it and made me return next day with a new one. 

Actually twice. When i returned the next day with the new photo - she claimed that she couldn't read the schools name as i was standing slightly in front of the first letter. Bear in mind we also supply a letter from the schools headteacher confirming attendance at said school. 

you have got to be kidding!!! Firstly, having a photo outside your kids school is a new one on me... i never had to do this... and to send you away for the sign not being legible is absolutely taking the p%ss!!! Please tell me what office are you using?? I'm sure this is not standard (pic outside your child's school).

1 hour ago, dayo202 said:

Few years ago my photos was rejected because all the photos was taken on the same day as we had the same clothes on for all of the photos ( Pathum Thani )

ha! I was worried about this happening to me so I always make sure to change my shirt for every pic (but still take on the same day).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greenmonkey said:

you have got to be kidding!!!

CW. My non o extension is based on family (Thai Child) - not marriage. In this case a kid changes quite a bit in a year so they can easily tell old photos. Actually for my first extension my daughter was at pre school - and its name in thai was really long and so therefore was the sign. It was near on impossible to take the photo and get everything in focus. I think on that occasion we went back maybe 3 times with them complaining on each occasion. in the end i had to edit it in PS to get it to pass muster. 

• A copy of the letter from your child’s school confirming their enrolment
  • A clear colour photograph of the father and child together at the school with the name of the school is clearly visible
  • A photo of the school name
  • Three pictures taken within the school grounds, for example, in a classroom, of the playing fields and any dining rooms/canteen

3 hours ago, stoicccc said:

Can the photos be printed on A4 with a color laser printer or do they need to be actual, shiny, old-school photos glued to A4?

I print two photos to an A4 page, inkjet printer, normal paper etc. that's at Jomtien, others may want actual photos

Edited by Peterw42

1 hour ago, warrima said:

CW. My non o extension is based on family (Thai Child) - not marriage. In this case a kid changes quite a bit in a year so they can easily tell old photos. Actually for my first extension my daughter was at pre school - and its name in thai was really long and so therefore was the sign. It was near on impossible to take the photo and get everything in focus. I think on that occasion we went back maybe 3 times with them complaining on each occasion. in the end i had to edit it in PS to get it to pass muster. 

• A copy of the letter from your child’s school confirming their enrolment
  • A clear colour photograph of the father and child together at the school with the name of the school is clearly visible
  • A photo of the school name
  • Three pictures taken within the school grounds, for example, in a classroom, of the playing fields and any dining rooms/canteen

geez, and i thought we had to jump thru hoops for the marriage visa!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

IO wasn't comparison the photos from the year before.

17 hours ago, jesimps said:

Don't blame you mate. If I could afford it I'd do the same. It's a pain in the ass and doesn't get any better. I've done 15.

It is a pain I know which is why I use an agent. What pushed me was getting there in the morning around 9am and only getting out around 3pm. The actual time it took for me was 15 to 20 minutes but there was a lot of people doing the same. For the price I pay I think it get more back with not having to waste my time. I never understand why a 90 day report is required, they know where you are from your phone.

It depends on the office.  The IO who processes our marriage extension explicitly told us "new pictures every year."

Do you want to game the system?

Take a pic, change your cloths, take a pic, change your cloths.... until you have a "few years" of pictures.  Get them printed, file them for future use and Bob's Your Uncle. 

Edited by connda

21 hours ago, freedomnow said:

What a nightmare - demeaning.

Have your wife dress in a sexy negligee and wear sexy PJ for the bedroom pictures.  Yeah - it's demeaning.  So make it risqué. 
"Well you want pictures in the bedroom.  Would you like to see us boom-boom too?"