Using same pics for marriage extension again?

I had all new photos for my family extension except the one with me and my daughter in front of the school sign. Thought id get away with just using last years and save me a trip to the school. They picked up on it and made me return next day with a new one. 

Actually twice. When i returned the next day with the new photo - she claimed that she couldn't read the schools name as i was standing slightly in front of the first letter. Bear in mind we also supply a letter from the schools headteacher confirming attendance at said school. 

This year, for the first time ever I used copies of last year's photos and they were excepted without any queries. This was at Chiang Mai.

I have never understood how the immigration officers that process your paperwork know that they are not recently taken photos.  They can't possibly remember photos from previous years.

And I've never seen a officer sit in front of a computer when processing a marriage extension. And I've done 13 of them to date.

I suppose it's feasible that when the photos are checked again during the under consideration phase then copies of old photos from previous years could be become a problem.

• Like 1

Always new one's, ''Oh you have new fridge'' said an eagle eyed I O. true. why risk it for a couple of hundred baht. i will have to re-apply again 6mth after last extension as new passport coming, i asked can use same photos ? "No everything new again" ????

1 hour ago, asiaexpat said:

Not recommended, many IO will reject photos if they are the same as last extension. They want current photos.

How do they know they are the same as last year? When you do your application there is nothing to indicate the old photo's are on file.

At Buriram IO they also make me, dunno if it's a general rule, show my children's birth certificates and a photo of all 3 of them together. I just give them their old photos. 

• Like 1

I used the same photos last 3 years in a row at Jomtien, I would have used them again this year except I moved house. I dont know how they would even be aware its the same photos, its not like they have last years photos to hand, I imagine last year documents are in an archive somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I used the same photos last 3 years in a row at Jomtien, I would have used them again this year except I moved house. I dont know how they would even be aware its the same photos, its not like they have last years photos to hand, I imagine last year documents are in an archive somewhere.

Exactly.

• Like 1

Does it get easier the second time round at CW? Our first extension 12month non-imm o based on marraige was a bit unexpected, wife had to be there, originals presented along with the copies, everything had to be perfect which of course it wasn't, and a rather detailed interview - where did you meet etc, what religion was I and so on,  all logged into the computer. Does wifey have to go next year and repeat the interview thing? The photos were fine - some site said photos of travelling which were returned just the condo and around the condo

Edited by mnomad

Why wouldn't you get new photos for the renewal? It is only a few photos once a year. When we take ours we don't even print them, just send them to the visa agent I use and they take care of the rest. They put the package together and we take it from there.

12 minutes ago, mnomad said:

Does it get easier the second time round at CW? Our first extension 12month non-imm o based on marraige was a bit unexpected, wife had to be there, originals presented along with the copies, everything had to be perfect which of course it wasn't, and a rather detailed interview - where did you meet etc, what religion was I and so on,  all logged into the computer. Does wifey have to go next year and repeat the interview thing? The photos were fine - some site said photos of travelling which were returned just the condo and around the condo

Yes, it gets easier - especially if you scan your application form and then copy the info to the new form. 

Setup a folder on your computer with an excel sheet of all the stuff you need to take, keep scans of stuff you only need to scan once, things like the hand drawn map. Drop the flash drive off at the photo shop, take wife to the ampur for KR2, collect the photos on the way home, print off all the copies, get up, go to the bank, and then immigration. Easy.

With regard to the questioning, depends upon how you are treated at CW. It got easier at my old IO because I didn’t give a flying one because I was sick of the way I was being treated, always this inquisition, like I was a criminal - “where do you get your money?” I have investments, “ahaaahhaaa you told us you had property last year, you lie!!!!!” well, aren’t the properties an investment? The third time they just stopped asking the questions about how we met, etc. 

In Khon Kaen, (my first here, although 4-5th extension) the officer didn’t even speak to me, it was just a formality, just turn out for the afternoon to sign a few papers. 

3 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

I do because:

1. I get a very good price

2. I dont want to be bothered with going down and waiting around which I have done in the past and

3. I have a lot of things to do.

So off-topic then......????

• Like 1

I keep scanned copies of all documents, including the required photos, on file, so just print them out again each year, the same as the last 5 years.   Only exception of course being the KorRor 2 which is new each year and the bank documentation.  Easy.   This in Phuket.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

So off-topic then......????

My original wasn't. That was a query as to why you would want to use old photos. My post also clarifies why it is easy to use new ones if you use an agent. I assume you understood my original post but if not consider this as a clarification to it.

• Like 1

I have used the same photos two years in a row and there were no questions asked. I have a date stamp on the photos, so I simply open the photos in the Paint editing program and change the date on the date stamp. Easy peasy! I'm pretty sure Immigration doesn't scan those photos into my profile on their computer, so they wouldn't know if the images were the same as last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I go to Sri Ratcha, same province. A couple of years ago my wife was told that the same photos couldn't be used, sent home to do new ones.

Obviously some are aware it is the same photos.

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

What a nightmare - demeaning.

Believe you me, getting new paper mugshots for annual extension applications each year is in my experience a doddle when compared to the "demeaning nightmare" facing us Brits here in Thailand at passport renewal time in having to obtain new paper mugshots which must comply in each and every respect with an assortment of over-fussy requirements!

Edited by OJAS