Entry period multiple entry visa from London

I've been away from Thailand for a while. I'm looking at gaining a 1 year multiple entry visa from London based on marriage.

The embassy webpage states for non o:

"Multiple Entries Visa will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue. You must enter Thailand within the validity of visa. However, the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year from the date of your arrival in Thailand."

Link to embassy quote

I thought that for a multiple entry visa each entry is for 90 days and then you have to exit and re-enter the country to get a new stamp?

So can I simply get one of these visas and stay inside Thailand for a year?

Thanks.

Edited by HTC
Spelling mistake

9 minutes ago, HTC said:

"the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year from the date of your arrival in Thailand."

>Up to<

One year stay is the:

Non-Immigrant Type O- A (Long Stay) 1 Year/Multiple entries 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas

Simply? Wouldn't use that word. Particularly the financial requirements and health insurance.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HTC said:

I thought that for a multiple entry visa each entry is for 90 days and then you have to exit and re-enter the country to get a new stamp?

You have to leave and re-enter the country every 90 days. The visa if valid for one year from the date of issue.

It think they are referring to a total stay of one year not that you can stay for one year.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It think they are referring to a total stay of one year not that you can stay for one year.

In the link they describe the different visa types and as written also the Non O-A.

No recommended by me any more :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

You can stay beyond the 90 day period but you need to get a stamp from Immigration that you have made the requisite 90 day report

A 90 day report of staying longer than 90 days  has nothing to do with your length of stay in country. It is not a extension of any kind.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

I thought London had stopped the Multi-O....?

With the introduction of the e-visa system, multiple Non O visas were discontinued (except for the Non OA). However, there have been reports that the e-visa system now supports multiple Non O, and London allows them. I cannot confirm this based on personal experience.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. It's cleared up my uncertainty.

I am too young for the O-A option, so the family member option is the one I would use.

At least I now know to plan to exit every 90 days.

17 hours ago, BritTim said:

With the introduction of the e-visa system, multiple Non O visas were discontinued (except for the Non OA). However, there have been reports that the e-visa system now supports multiple Non O, and London allows them. I cannot confirm this based on personal experience.

I can confirm it. I applied for a non-O based on marriage back early-mid 2021 and only a single entry was possible. I applied in May this year and a 1 year multiple entry was one of the options. I received an email a couple of days after the application with the E-visa attached.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tubber said:

I can confirm it. I applied for a non-O based on marriage back early-mid 2021 and only a single entry was possible. I applied in May this year and a 1 year multiple entry was one of the options. I received an email a couple of days after the application with the E-visa attached.

What financial proof was required for your non-O one year multiple entry visa?

13 hours ago, HTC said:

Thanks for all the replies. It's cleared up my uncertainty.

I am too young for the O-A option, so the family member option is the one I would use.

At least I now know to plan to exit every 90 days.

You could enter the country on a 90 day visa, deposit 400k Baht in a bank account on your name, and then do an extension of stay based on marriage. Your wife would need to be with you, but you would not need to leave the country for the entire duration.

If you wish to travel get a multiple re-entry permit here.

Edited by Thalueng
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BritTim said:

Yes. A friend is flying to Thailand today with a 1 yr multiple entry non-O based on retirement obtained from London.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 7:14 AM, Thalueng said:

You could enter the country on a 90 day visa, deposit 400k Baht in a bank account on your name, and then do an extension of stay based on marriage. Your wife would need to be with you, but you would not need to leave the country for the entire duration.

If you wish to travel get a multiple re-entry permit here.

This is a good idea. Thanks for the lateral thinking!