Thai FDA approves Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children aged 6 months -5 years

webfact

image.jpeg

A vial labelled “Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine” is seen in this illustration taken January 16, 2022. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration

COVID-19 vaccine in vials with maroon caps, developed by Pfizer, are now approved for use in children aged 6 months to 5 years, with 3 injections of 3µg per dose. The vaccine is 80.3% effective at preventing COVID-19.

Secretary-General of Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) Dr. Paisarn Dunkum said yesterday (Wednesday) that, on August 23rd, the TFDA subcommittee considering the registration of modern pharmacopoeia for humans, as a vaccine against the virus which causes COVID-19, approved the expansion of the use of Pfizer’s Comirnaty vaccine to include children aged 6 months to 5 years.

The company had previously allowed the use of the vaccine for auto-immune stimulation in people aged 12 years and older. The age range was extended to children between 5 and 11-years-old.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-fda-approves-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-for-children-aged-6-months-5-years/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-08-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

The TFDA approval is all well and good but I am not rushing my 1.5 year old boy to get a vaccine. I am not an anti-vaxxer and have been vaccinated and boosted myself.  I am just more nervous about the long term effects on youngsters who have their whole lives ahead of them. And children seem less vulnerable to COVID too. He had COVID last month and recovered after 3 days of fever and symptoms.  My own symptoms lingered much longer.

• Thanks 1