Tourist Visa To Thailand from Thai Embassy Vientianve

Greetings!

Could anyone help me on what it needed to get a Tourist visa to Thailand from Thai Embasssy at Vientiane, Laos? I would like to know how many days permission of stay would I get when I enter Thailand with a Tourist visa. Thank you

Will leave requirements for tv to others that can perhaps give recent experience.

As for your stamp into Thailand it would be 60 days. 

Once in Thailand you can also extend that 60 days by 30.

The cost for extension is 1900baht. 

• Like 1

Pre-covid lockdowns it involved going to the Thai consulate (NOT the embassy--these are two separate locations) in Vientiane early on a business day, filling out the application, including attaching a photo, and then returning on the following day to retrieve your passport with the visa stamped in it: cost, 1000 baht.  Among other things, you will likely be required to fill in the address of your destination in Thailand--where you will be staying. 

If you have the money and/or qualifications, there are other ways to get longer-term visas, e.g. a six-month visitor's visa, for something like 5000 baht, IIRC, but there were some details required in the application that not all would be able to supply (was it a Thai bank account? . . . my memory is getting fuzzy).  You should be able to find the forms at the consulate.

Pre-covid, the policy allowed two free entries across the land border per calendar year, so the purchased visa may not be required if you plan to enter just once.

NOTE: All of these recollections date to pre-covid border lockdowns.  I do not have current knowledge of the policies in place once the border was reopened.  It is likely that there are changes or additions to the requirements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Will leave requirements for tv to others that can perhaps give recent experience.

As for your stamp into Thailand it would be 60 days. 

Once in Thailand you can also extend that 60 days by 30.

The cost for extension is 1900baht. 

Thanks you.. How to get that 30 day extension?

5 minutes ago, maximoB said:

Thanks you.. How to get that 30 day extension?

After you enter Thailand with tourist visa you can obtain an extension at immigration office where you are staying.

A TM30 may be required and your hotel can provide you with screenshot.

The extension requires few basic photocopies of pp.

How long do you hope to visit Thailand? 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:55 AM, BritTim said:

One important point not mentioned by anyone else is that you need to make an appointment to apply for a visa at the Thai consulate in Vientiane. See https://thaivisavientiane.com/

Appreciate your input.  This is evidently a part of the new experience post-covid.  Pre-covid they were taking something like the first 150 people to show up on a given day and set that as the day's quota.  If you were desperate to get your service on a particular day, you were EARLY--just to make sure you'd be first in line.  Most days did not reach the quota, but weekends might.  I don't remember needing an appointment. 

3 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Might be worth noting that the visa run company that pre covid always used Vientiane are now using Savannakhet.

They always had trouble with people just showing up without having made the appointment that's required in Vientiane.

That's one reason, there might be others. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, asia123 said:

i was told that I cant get tourist visa and if I could be able to get it you cant use it to entry to thailand, at the swanapum airport.  do I have still a chance to entry if go to vientiane and enter via land not on an airport? 

Yes, that should be no problem.