Twinings infuse cold

robblok

Just a heads up for those that get bored of water and hot tea. Now there is twinnings cold infuse and if you put it in water it gives a mild flavor to water at almost no calories at all. (but if you like low carb please dont use this as carbs are evil according to some).

Each bag is about 5 calories probably carbs and is good for half a liter of water. I like it its a nice addition to other sugar free stuff and maybe better then those with artificial flavor. An other really nice one is Schwepps no sugar. 

• Like 1

Ignoring that usual lie about "evil," the cool thing about flavoring your water in such a needlessly expensive way is that our busy Calorie Counters probably needn’t enter this small amount into their fitness apps. An extra row on the rowing machine, during one of the regular yo-yo weight gain loss or prevention sessions, will easily burn them off during glycogen burning mode.

And those rightly worried about their carbs spiking their glucose, as carbs tend to do, possibly eventually leading to the pre-diabetes @robblok is keeping in remission, needn’t run and pop a tab of berberine to take care of the problem, as @robblok does:

. . . [berberine] helps when you take carbs evens out the blood spike. I must say that taking it in combination with exercise has really helped weight loss.

So, no objections here to Twinnings cold infuse for those suffering boredom. I'm not at all bored, however, so I'll stick to black or green tea for the evidence-based benefits, thanks. Actually, one of @BritManToo's useful finds was the cheap Typhoo black tea on Lazada, for those interested.

• Like 1

One can make 'cold-water' (also called 'Sun Tea,') with ANY tea. No need to buy something special.  In fact, it may be the most commonly used method in the US Southern states for making 'Ice Tea.'  Just fill a pitcher with water, put in the proper amount of tea leaves or bags for the amount of water, and set it aside (on a window sill? Or not...)  In just a couple of hours one will have a nice pitcher of tea. It won't have the depth of flavor of a brewed cup of tea, but it works very well for iced tea.

11 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

One can make 'cold-water' (also called 'Sun Tea,') with ANY tea. No need to buy something special.  In fact, it may be the most commonly used method in the US Southern states for making 'Ice Tea.'  Just fill a pitcher with water, put in the proper amount of tea leaves or bags for the amount of water, and set it aside (on a window sill? Or not...)  In just a couple of hours one will have a nice pitcher of tea. It won't have the depth of flavor of a brewed cup of tea, but it works very well for iced tea.

The twinings cold infuse is nice, it is expensive but not something for me to worry about. I have made tea the way you describe its not the same. I am just informing people about cold infuse (and no i dont have shares in the company ????)

It is expensive like 20bt per half a liter. For me its not that expensive and I can afford it easily as I don't drink alcohol. One beer a day is couple of times more expensive. But if you look at it from a price value thing its expensive. Its almost more expensive then cans of sugar free stuff.

Still its a nice alternative.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

I daily make 2 liters of Sun Tea using Twinning's Peppermint Tea, in the jar I place 3 tea bags and let it sit from early morning to late afternoon at which time I will poor it over Ice for a nice glass.  Then the rest goes in the refrigerator, if there is any left....lol.  I do the same with Jasmine green tea.....

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I daily make 2 liters of Sun Tea using Twinning's Peppermint Tea, in the jar I place 3 tea bags and let it sit from early morning to late afternoon at which time I will poor it over Ice for a nice glass.  Then the rest goes in the refrigerator, if there is any left....lol.  I do the same with Jasmine green tea.....

I tried it too with flavor tea's from Twinnings it got close to this. I just prefer this a bit more but im pretty sure its not ecomic. I am just happy that its easy to get sugar free stuff or low calorie stuff.

• Thanks 1