Are consumers paying price for electricity mismanagement in Thailand?

webfact

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

All over the world Governments and bsinesses are investing in solar and win energy. What does Thailand do?? Almost nowhere we see solar energy, which is cheap as there is plenty of sunshine every day, but no investment and stimulating are made.

Thailand has huge solar electricity plants...

• Like 1

We that lives in Thailand are lucky compared to those who needs to pay for electricity in Europe, in my Scandinavia home country the rate differs depending the actual supply and demand of power and has in periods been around 40 baht per unit/kWh delivered to consumers...:whistling:

11 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

When I look at and compare prices here with those in most European countries, then I think the thread title is not justified, and there has been more mismanagement everywhere else in the world

off topic,

Imagine living in Germany where they shut down all their coal/oil power stations and decided just to use gas from Russia. This winter will be exciting for the Germans.

back on topic,

At least Thailand hasn't destroyed their country over an imaginary 'climate change' crises.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, rwill said:

I've seen several solar farms in Thailand.  I know of 3 in Ratchaburi.  I've also seen them in reservoirs here.  I guess to catch the reflected light off of the water too?

Also seen more than a few solar farms myself, 2 very local.

Don't know why people expect answers, results or any problems solved by their govts.  As if they haven't learned already, they don't care.

Again, a worldwide problem.

Simply be responsible for yourself, adapt & adjust ... install solar or have it installed.  Simple solution to simple problem.

Simple 3 or 5kW inverter and panels to start, would run most houses during the day, and or supplement most bills.  Or go all in and go off grid, using grid as back up, JIC.

Many have, as installer I used is non stop working, with a Q.

I'm noticing more solar systems & EVs every day now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Off topic prize of the month.....from electricity prices, linked to underarm sprays!:clap2:

It is with great pride that I receive this award; the first in 75 years since I was made a milk monitor at Primary school for my ability to lug metal crates of frozen milk into classrooms.

• Haha 1