Re-entry, Passport Expires Less Than 6 Months

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

There is no requirement to have 6 months remaining on your passport for those from most countries.

Hi Joe, you're normally correct on visa matters but according to the UK travel advice office you need 6 months remaining on passport. Hence my wondering if you have an annual visa then it's okay? https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/entry-requirements

image.png.6493d95522885d415de97f0986a321bb.png

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

There is no requirement to have 6 months remaining on your passport for those from most countries.

My son was refused a boarding pass due to less than 6 months on passport coming from usa to Thailand.

My GF in Thailand was refused a boarding pass to Bali due to less than 6 months on passport. Not sure about regulations, but the airlines demand the 6 months or more.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

Hi Joe, you're normally correct on visa matters but according to the UK travel advice office you need 6 months remaining on passport. Hence my wondering if you have an annual visa then it's okay?

That info is out of date. People enter the country all the time without 6 months remaining on their passport.

2 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

My son was refused a boarding pass due to less than 6 months on passport coming from usa to Thailand.

My GF in Thailand was refused a boarding pass to Bali due to less than 6 months on passport. Not sure about regulations, but the airlines demand the 6 months or more.

Just an error by the airline for entering Thailand. Check the IATA site here by entering the required info here. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm 

Bali has different rules than Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

Don't forget the OP has a re-entry stamp and is on a retirement extension so already has a "Visa extension'' and will not need a VOE or VOA.

17 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

Schoolboy errors!

Bit of advice......bone up on the regulations, they are out there.

Took me less than 30 seconds to find this:-

https://www.indonesia.travel/gb/en/news/latest-travel-regulations-to-enter-bali

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

Just get a new passport soon because it may take a few weeks/months.

Immigration will only extend your visa until the end of the current passport if it is less than 1 year.

Oz and other pp can only make an appointment Max 2 months before, then 8+ weeks for it to arrive, and now you have to apply for *a completely new extension all over again !!. It is no longer a matter of just transferring extensions to new passports since 2013. Your new extension will run from when you apply again, throwing some peoples money in the bank etc in disarray.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, worldexpress said:

Rather than people's opinions on a forum, the gospel's in the horse's mouth - Thai MOFA.

And the Info from the US embassy for Americans.

inbound6875990038280570712.jpg

inbound3676156983269006162.jpg

I had similar advice from the UK Embassy when my son had to enter Thailand in 2020 with a UK passport that expired in 4 months.  The UK Embassy even tried to suggest that he need an Emergency Travel Document as he would be refused entry at the border.  The advice I got on this Forum suggested otherwise, and fortunately I followed this advice and not the Embassy's!

He entered Thailand and was stamped in until the expiry date of his Extension, 1 month before his passport was due to expire, leaving plenty of time to get a new passport before then.

Embassies are probably issuing such advice over an abundance of caution, as some countries/airlines may require 6 months remaining on a passport, but Thailand is not one of them.