PEA Electronic Meter Pattaya House

carlyai

Our old mechanical electricity meter has been replaced with a newish electronic meter type EMS12J.

On the meter is written 5(100) A. 

I can't find much info. on the meter, but if the 5 (100)Amp. has the same meaning as our Isaan house meter 15 (45) A, then the Pattaya house can draw up to a probable 100 A. 

So if a 5(15)A mechanical meter is replaced with a 5 (100)A electronic meter, then the only thing limiting your house current use is the size of your feed cables. 

Does this seem correct?

20220826_164705.jpg

20220826_164716.jpg

Pretty much, there is one type of electronic meter for all supply classes which is happy from 5 to 100A.

The 5/15 never actually limited the power you could draw other than by potentially blowing up if you went waaaay over the 15A max.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I know this thread is a year old, but please bear with me.

PEA are changing all the meters in my village (Buriram). Ours was changed last Saturday afternoon without any warning. Our original analogue meter was type 15(45) but the new digital meter is a type 5(100). Is this something I need to be concerned about?

10 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I know this thread is a year old, but please bear with me.

PEA are changing all the meters in my village (Buriram). Ours was changed last Saturday afternoon without any warning. Our original analogue meter was type 15(45) but the new digital meter is a type 5(100). Is this something I need to be concerned about?

No, as far as your installation is concerned the limiting factor is still your incoming breaker and the size of the cables feeding the house.

• Thanks 1