Jomtien 3 month bank reporting

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't report back.

Your 3 month of balance 800k + after expiration granted will be checked at your next extension.

Has always been a nonsense Jomtien requirement 

agree with your comments but does not answer my specific question

have they stopped requesting this ?

or did they forget to give me the paper

1 minute ago, smedly said:

There were several reports some time back from folk dealing with Jomtien and the request to report back along with notice was hit and miss. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

There were several reports some time back from folk dealing with Jomtien and the request to report back along with notice was hit and miss. 

I have an appointment letter for 11 September.

I shall not attend but will update my bank book, around that time, before starting to take the balance down below 800k.

I extended mu OA at Jomtien last week.  They did not give me the reminder notice about the need to return in 3 months to show the bank balance.

I can't recall when they first started doing this - maybe five years ago?  But I have never once gone back to do it, and never had a problem.

14 hours ago, smedly said:

I did my new retirement extension a couple of weeks back and the 90 day report re the 800K in the bank is still required. At least for those that do the extension themselves. Those who use an agent seem to get a free pass. Which makes sense because most didn't have the 800K to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I did mines in Feb,  when picking up passport nothing was said or given like prior so I ask,  girl just said come back April. 

Like a good citizen I did what I was asked the prior year went to bank etc etc.  

Next day went back to desk 

(8), the normal person wasn't there.  Ask about the 90 days person just stirred " go get a number "  at desk explain need a number girl said " you don't need a number papa " 

Walks me back to desk I point to the person after a few words told to wait for this lady to finished basically the person who ran through the application and collected my 1900 3 months ago.  

I told her what I was here for she just stirred then took the paper set it aside and said finished. 

To be honest I don't know for sure but next year I comes I again will jump when they say jump? ????

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I did my new retirement extension a couple of weeks back and the 90 day report re the 800K in the bank is still required. At least for those that do the extension themselves. Those who use an agent seem to get a free pass. Which makes sense because most didn't have the 800K to begin with.

Extension done by agent almost certainly not done at Jomtien.

The consequences on not reporting back at 3 months are zero. 

• Like 1

Pattaya Immigration and maybe a couple of others are the only ones that have required the reporting back after 90 days to show proof that the 800k remained in the bank for the required 90 days. 

As mentioned, the requirement has always been a hit or miss situation.  Some are told to report back while others are not. 

That said, they do not have a tracking system so they do not know who has been told to report.  As mentioned, those that skip the return appointment have had not problems.  Those that have done the report say nothing is written down or recorded to show they have don so.

Like other Immigration Offices, when you go to renew your extension again, they will want to see your bank records the preceding 12 months as proof that the 800k was kept on deposit for the following 3 months and the 2 months prior to renewal application. Further that the balance never fell below the minimum requirement of 400k for the other months.

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What does that mean, extension by agent not done at Jomtien? Where do they go Chiang Mai?

Edited by giddyup

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

And you know this how?

The thread is about report back 3 month post application requirement.

I have assisted (advice)  many folk re extensions retirement and other such as non O volunteering. 

If you have personal experience of using Pattaya agent and them obtaining extension at Jomtien immigration then by all means post details as I'm sure many would be interested. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The thread is about report back 3 month post application requirement.

I have assisted (advice)  many folk re extensions retirement and other such as non O volunteering. 

If you have personal experience of using Pattaya agent and them obtaining extension at Jomtien immigration then by all means post details as I'm sure many would be interested. 

If you have personal experience of not using Jomtien I'd be interested.

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If you have personal experience of not using Jomtien I'd be interested.

My last post on this as it's off topic.

I took friend who lives in Bangkok to Pattaya as being 48 did not qualify for non O retirement.

We went to Key Visa and the non O volunteering was obtained in KK.

Extension retirement would be same. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

First point--Of course extensions are done by agents at Jomtien. Why would you say this?

Second point--This does seem to be true, but probably better to do it if asked.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My last post on this as it's off topic.

I took friend who lives in Bangkok to Pattaya as being 48 did not qualify for non O retirement.

We went to Key Visa and the non O volunteering was obtained in KK.

Extension retirement would be same. 

One swallow does not a summer make.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Post first hand experience and agent details.

Will be of interest to many. 

Strange then when all theagents rock up at Jomtiem every day.What  are they upto? I use an agent.. most mates also various ones.all done locally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Strange then when all theagents rock up at Jomtiem every day.What  are they upto? I use an agent.. most mates also various ones.all done locally.

Agents offer various services.

What I am referring to is extension to non O retirement where no funds are provided by client. 

As this fragmented from the OP.

Post a first hand experience of this type of extension obtained at Jomtien (without correct financials) along with agent name. 

24 minutes ago, thainet said:

First point--Of course extensions are done by agents at Jomtien. Why would you say this?

My American friend has done at least 2 by post through an agent, first was issued in Nan, second in the south (I forget where but he did show me the stamp in his passport).

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What I am referring to is extension to non O retirement where no funds are provided by client. 

Post a first hand experience of this type of extension obtained at Jomtien (without correct financials) along with agent name. 

Not sure what.your on.about  here.Its common  knowledge surely! 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I had a friend last year who was offered a fast track to the non O visa from one of the IO officers at Jomtien for 30K baht. He ended up using an agent for 20K. Are the Jomtien IO officers going elsewhere to obtain the visa?

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

He ended up using an agent for 20K. Are the Jomtien IO officers going elsewhere to obtain the visa?

Geez.

There will always be potential for "personal treatment" from an io at office here and there. 

In the main the extension stamps are obtained in places such as KK.

The passports are sent up country.

In turn this can present issue for 90 day reports.

Most agents offer that service also. 

Regarding your "friend" ..he ended up with agent obtaining a non O retirement and 12 month extension for 20k.

This reminds me of Dreamworld. 

Which agent and where were stamps obtained. 

Please stay on topic which is about:

Are they still requesting people return 3 months after 12 month extension to show bank balance, I recieved no intruction to do so 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, smedly said:

On 2 June this year they gave me "the paper". Upon returning home, it was promptly tossed in the trash.

Know it's a long shot, but hopefully they have finally come to their senses and stopped the silly. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't get drawn in.......they won't leave you alone