Easy Pass, Easy Pass Plus and M-Flow

Digitalbanana

Your Easy-Pass device will work in Easy-Pass lanes (duh) and M-Pass lanes but NOT M-Flow lanes.

M-Flow is a new system that uses automatic plate readers, you MUST register and get a confirmation before using these lanes or else you will get a fine.

Not sure yet what Easy-Pass Plus is, I only saw a message about it today.

I cannot understand the Easy Pass web site https://www.thaieasypass.com/th/easypass/mflow

but I think it implies the Easy Pass Plus will allow access to M_Flow lanes?

I have applied for Easy Pass Plus on web site, not sure how long it takes for them to approve, now in the waiting mode all of today and will see what happens next.

Maybe someone with experience can explain if Easy Pass Plus means we can drive through M-Flow lanes?

You can apply for an upgrade from Easy Pass to Easy Pass Plus - this essentially allows you to use M-Flow because they port your registration information across to M-Flow and tolls are deducted from your Easy Pass account.

You can also use M-Flow without registering by logging into the M-Flow website and paying your toll (allow an hour or so after passing through the toll gate for your car to show up on the M-Flow database) ....

https://mflowthai.com/mflow/unuserpayment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 5:51 PM, Crossy said:

Your Easy-Pass device will work in Easy-Pass lanes (duh) and M-Pass lanes but NOT M-Flow lanes.

M-Flow is a new system that uses automatic plate readers, you MUST register and get a confirmation before using these lanes or else you will get a fine.

Not sure yet what Easy-Pass Plus is, I only saw a message about it today.

Just be prepared for a lot of detail being required to register for M Flow. Passport, blue book, Registration number, front rear and side pics of your car. If the car not in yr name must get a letter from the owner giving you permission. Need to establish how you can be billed. Maybe some other items I have forgotten. But once done it is a breeze to sail past the long queues at the toll gates at 120 km if you want to. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kennw said:

Just be prepared for a lot of detail being required to register for M Flow. Passport, blue book, Registration number, front rear and side pics of your car. If the car not in yr name must get a letter from the owner giving you permission. Need to establish how you can be billed. Maybe some other items I have forgotten. But once done it is a breeze to sail past the long queues at the toll gates at 120 km if you want to. 

I've just done the M-Flow registration.  It's not that hard.  Personal details, car details (make, model, colour), then a selfie of you with your ID (or passport if foreigner), a picture of your car registration, pictures of your car (front, side, back), and credit card details.  They deduct one baht from your credit card to check then you're good to go.  I assume fees for using M-Flow will just go on my credit card.

As others have mentioned Easy Pass Plus is a new upgrade to your Easy Pass that will allow you to use M-Flow and have the fees deducted from your Easy Pass but it seems you will still need to provide the same information as for M-Flow application.

For the OP, M-Flow is only available for certain sections of the Ring Road (number 9).  Unless you  plan on using that a lot I would just stick with your easy pass as it works everywhere, just make sure you stay off the M-Flow lanes at the tolls on the ring road.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Manitou said:

how does one apply for a new easypass device/account?   The website at

https://www.thaieasypass.com/links/easypassbuy

gives a 503 error.

You can do it online but it's a pain and then they have to mail you the device.  Easiest way is just to go in to any toll booth office and apply in person and you'll get it there and then (you'll see them just in front of the toll booths and they usually have a few cars parked outside).

If memory serves me (it's several years since I did it) you need your car registration book, passport, and you need to put a minimum of 300 baht credit on your Easy Pass to begin with.  After that top up using any Thai bank app or doit online.

18 hours ago, kennw said:

Tried this M-Flow registration numerous times a few months ago....   after messing around with all the details she got to the payment page and the site froze - this happened three times and we gave up. 

The system is supposed to simpler now. 

Edited by richard_smith237

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Tried this M-Flow registration numerous times a few months ago....   after messing around with all the details she got to the payment page and the site froze - this happened three times and we gave up. 

The system is supposed to simpler now. 

Yeah, much simpler.  I did mine this morning, and two hours later got a text and an email to say it's all approved.  Just logged in to the site and it is quite slick.  I can see all my details, my toll history, can change payments, all works well.  If M-Flow would be useful for you I would give it a another go.  For a Thai website it is very clean, clear, and easy to use.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 4.27.15 PM.png

On 9/3/2022 at 12:18 PM, josephbloggs said:

I've just done the M-Flow registration.  It's not that hard.  Personal details, car details (make, model, colour), then a selfie of you with your ID (or passport if foreigner), a picture of your car registration, pictures of your car (front, side, back), and credit card details.  They deduct one baht from your credit card to check then you're good to go.  I assume fees for using M-Flow will just go on my credit card.

Theres an Easy Pass App if you care enough and want to see the charges. They will go on your credit card (in my case debit card) but they get batched up overnight  as "EDC/Ecommerce" on my statement . The app tells you the fee, date, time ,car number and toll gate (in Thai).  I've had zero problems on the payements side but some charges came several days  late presumably because the camera had a misread and they had to process them manually.