Young German Man Displays Anti-Prawit Photo In Rayong

webfact

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

More like a kumquat, maybe he's one of those rainbow people. ????️‍????

Seriously, it baffles me why foreigners come to this beautiful place and get involved with politics.

I see many comments from AN members when reading political articles. It's foolish, look at the goose above, how childish, bloody rediculous. 

We are living in Thailand, we are guests.

The best bloody place on the planet, enjoy yourself, keep yourself positive, healthy and enjoy your life here.

Don't get involved....... if you want to be a troublemaker, complain, annoy everyone, moan, whinge, whine and stir the pot go back to your home country and get involved with political nonsense. 

I keep out of politics and religion.

Well after the OP, it only took two posts for a "If you don't like it here go back to your home country".

The German guy seems to be one beer short of a six-pack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I can think of many others, much worse injustices around the world and he comes here to paddle his twisted view on Thai politics... Go to the Ukraine sir, planty to protests there...

Using the logic put forward by many that have posted he still wouldn't, as a guest of Ukraine, be able to make a political statement.

We all know who and what Prawit is and we all know that a spade is a spade and should be called out as such. Not sure his view of Thai politics is twisted. Perhaps your defense of Thai politics is twisted. Hats off to this man and I just hope he is ready to leave soon. 

I will have to go and look at the 'Falang Rule Book' again but I'm pretty sure not commenting on politics in LOS is about number 2 or 3 of what not to do here if you wanna enjoy your freedom and keep your visa intact.

I get it about social activism, goodness me I spent 3 decades working in social services so I aught to have learnt and had some contact with this notion of activism, supporting change, owning your truth / being heard, and freedom of speech BUT ... and here comes the but.

We live in a society that is not western, we live in a a society that is run by a military government the other nomenclature (j word) to describe it I will let you finish for yourselves.

The landscape here is different. This is a reality. Fail to appreciate it at your own peril.

As a foreigner, a guest here and a happy contented and amazed one at that, I practice the good ol' therapeutic practice of observing, actively listening, and speaking little, and when I do so, quietly and very selectively when it comes to politics and social structures here no matter how strongly I feel about it ... rule 2 or 3 applied.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Please explain how you go from protestor to "he must be gay"? I cant for the life of me see how you came to that conclusion. Perhaps you are one yourself and have more insight into their ways, if so, my mistake. 

I'll wait...  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aforek said:

Agree 100 % for the post above: we are foreigners, only foreigners : we can have our opinion, but don't show it outside, it must stay private; we don't have to interfere with thai politics 

Did you know that foreigners who become Thai citizens still do not have the right to vote (or so I have been told)?  Do you think if a foreigner became a citizen, he or she should have this right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Pumpkins a fkg idiot, kicked out soon or worse

Exactly, a stupid notion on his part. Id like to see him try that bleeding heart exercise in China…he’d just simply disappear 

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Russia was a democracy. Yeltsin got pushed out and Putin took over. Like chano cha he was popular. Putin used his popularity to gradually change laws which happened without opposition. Then he made it harder to protest which ended up with him starting the invasion which is killing thousands and will end with Russia being totally defeated and its economy in tatters.

Maybe if a few more people had stood up to him earlier Russia would be in a much better position and not despised by every decent country in the world. 

This guy is a hero standing up for Thais who can not speak out for themselves. He has more balls than 90% of posters here put together. 

When would you protest? If Thailand invades Cambodia and forced your Thai family to fight in a pointless war maybe you would think a little bit of resistance might have been a good idea. Countries can turn into a dictatorship in small steps. Not that Thailand would ever change voting procedures or impose harsh laws restricting opposition or removing opposition leaders or have laws restricting free speech or laws that stop people telling the truth about their leaders or monarchy, so nothing really to protest about here.

Edited by chang1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

do not have the right to vote (or so I have been told)? 

old mate down the pub wearing a wife beater nursing his draft beer in happy hour was it?

sounds a total contradiction to me.

6 minutes ago, wombat said:

i don't understand why a guest in this country would do something so stupid?

Politics is obviously not your strong point. Look at my last post and maybe then you will understand. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wombat said:

old mate down the pub wearing a wife beater nursing his draft beer in happy hour was it?

sounds a total contradiction to me.

Nope.  Not a drinker.  I've never spent five minutes in a pub, much less an hour.  Never consumed an alcoholic beverage in my life. 

You're perhaps used to thinking of all the rights and privileges granted to those who become citizens in your country.  Well, Thailand is different.  Once a foreigner, always a foreigner.  In other words, even if you become a naturalized citizen, you will still be just a "farang" guest in the country in the minds of the Thai.

8 minutes ago, novacova said:

…I’m sure his wife and her family is probably embarrassed. If I did such a foolish exercise I’d never hear the end of it…Why you do like dhat ahh! ควาย!

Is she happy with the way Thailand is governed?

4 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Not a drinker.  I've never spent five minutes in a pub, much less an hour.  Never consumed an alcoholic beverage in my life. 

Off topic I know but we all want to know why?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Seriously, it baffles me why foreigners come to this beautiful place and get involved with politics.

I see many comments from AN members when reading political articles. It's foolish, look at the goose above, how childish, bloody rediculous. 

We are living in Thailand, we are guests.

The best bloody place on the planet, enjoy yourself, keep yourself positive, healthy and enjoy your life here.

Don't get involved....... if you want to be a troublemaker, complain, annoy everyone, moan, whinge, whine and stir the pot go back to your home country and get involved with political nonsense. 

I keep out of politics and religion.

I guess he doesnt want to turn a blind eye anymore   

• Like 2