London Tourist visa flight within 60 days ??

Trying to solve visa for my mum ASAP. London now demands more for the non imm O than I can provide (money in her bank for prior 3 months) and health insurance etc for the O not only the OA.

Even the Tourist visa demanding 200k in her bank for 6 months prior or pension income (unspecified amount), I think I have this covered with her documents and added a sponsor letter and healthy bank statement with it all. 

Only question now is, can I book a 6 month return (or even a one way flight ?) ? given the entry is 60 plus 30 ? 

Any guidance for what London demands in the way of outbound ticketing for a multi entry tourist visa ? 

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Even the Tourist visa demanding 200k in her bank for 6 months prior or pension income (unspecified amount)

That sounds like the requirement for the multi-entry tourist visa. Do you actually want her to apply for that, or would a single-entry tourist visa suffice?

As you mentioned a Non-O visa, an option would be to enter on a tourist visa and obtain the Non-O visa at immigration in Thailand, which might well solve your money seasoning issue.

Edited by Caldera

Yes we want the multi.. Yes I also intend to move her to a non imm O once I get her a bank account and season some money.. This will be a 6 month bridge to enable that with all the usual hassles of +30 visa run etc.. Shes elderly so these things are non trivial. 

I have a ticket Oct 4th to April 4th booked for her.  I just dont know if they will issue a 6 month ME TR visa without an onward travel outbound ticket at 60 or 90 days. 

Logic says they should, on a 6 month TR visa, but logic isnt always the outcome. 

Yes we want the multi.. Yes I also intend to move her to a non imm O once I get her a bank account and season some money

Thinking there was better option.

Enter Thailand visa exempt.

Obtain bank account using agent. (simple quick process)

Transfer 800k to bank account and as soon as that is completed obtain non O retirement.

The 800k only needs to be in the account on day of application.

Note from Oct 1 visa exempt will be 45 days.

Apply for the non O with 15+ days remaining on permit.

The non O gives 90 day stamp. 

In last 30 days with funds having been in the account for 2 months apply for 12 month extension.

Can't see the point of METV. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thinking there was better option.

Enter Thailand visa exempt.

Obtain bank account using agent. (simple quick process)

Transfer 800k to bank account and as soon as that is completed obtain non O retirement.

The 800k only needs to be in the account on day of application.

Note from Oct 1 visa exempt will be 45 days.

Apply for the non O with 15+ days remaining on permit.

The non O gives 90 day stamp. 

In last 30 days with funds having been in the account for 2 months apply for 12 month extension.

Can't see the point of METV. 

That my mother is elderly, frail and in poor physical and mental health, unsure she will be able to remain in Thailand, and needs a test period as we search for care options. We also simply can not cope with the level of pressure that a 45 day entry generates. I wanted a ME non imm but she wont meet the financials London ask and its too late for me to provide it. 

I understood the 800k needed seasoning for retirement extension also ?? 

Back to the question.. Applying for a ME tourist visa with a 6 month air ticket ?? 

9 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

That my mother is elderly, frail and in poor physical and mental health, unsure she will be able to remain in Thailand, and needs a test period as we search for care options

Yes again I'm not addressing your question re METV.

If old and frail I would be entering visa exempt and using an agent for all.

51 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

That my mother is elderly, frail and in poor physical and mental health, unsure she will be able to remain in Thailand, and needs a test period as we search for care options. We also simply can not cope with the level of pressure that a 45 day entry generates. I wanted a ME non imm but she wont meet the financials London ask and its too late for me to provide it. 

Back to the question.. Applying for a ME tourist visa with a 6 month air ticket ?? 

buy a throwaway ticket to Cambodia or Malaysia? dunno if onwardticket(dot)com would be useful given unknown turnaround time for e-visa processing.

19 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

buy a throwaway ticket to Cambodia or Malaysia? dunno if onwardticket(dot)com would be useful given unknown turnaround time for e-visa processing.

Yeah thats of course what I will do if they dont accept a 6 month ticket. 

Surely someone knows this, it seems a simple question. London simply unreachable by phone (2 hours plus on hold last time I gave up). 

For the extension, yes, but not for the initial Non-O visa applied for at immigration if entering visa exempt or with a single-entry tourist visa.

No border runs necessary, process as follows:

She enters visa exempt or with a single-entry tourist visa.

She opens a bank account and you put the money into her account. As @DrJack54said, use an agent to avoid any hassle with opening the account.

She applies for a Non-O visa at immigration, showing the money in her account unseasoned.

The money seasons while she's on the 90-day Non-O entry.

She applies for her first 1-year extension showing her then-seasoned money.

24 minutes ago, Caldera said:

For the extension, yes, but not for the initial Non-O visa applied for at immigration if entering visa exempt or with a single-entry tourist visa.

No border runs necessary, process as follows:

She enters visa exempt or with a single-entry tourist visa.

She opens a bank account and you put the money into her account. As @DrJack54said, use an agent to avoid any hassle with opening the account.

She applies for a Non-O visa at immigration, showing the money in her account unseasoned.

The money seasons while she's on the 90-day Non-O entry.

She applies for her first 1-year extension showing her then-seasoned money.

OK to go to the non imm initially, I understand.

Well I believe one of the care facilities we are considering have a way of handling the process so the 6 month ME buys us time to see how it all works with the various care options, get banks, get a living option decided, or even if my mother can tolerate Thailand (we tried and failed 15 years ago) etc etc.. 

Either way.. What I am asking is when applying for a ME tourist visa, (in the UK if it makes a difference) can the onward ticket be 6 months or does she need an onward ticket in 60 / 90 days for the first entry? Thats what I need to know at this stage. 

OK amazed that this doesnt have an easy clear answer. Surely its established ? 

When applying for a ME tourist visa, do I need an onward ticket for the first entry, or only for the full duration ? 

Will apply this morning with a 6 month, if its rejected I have time to re-apply with a throwaway ticket. 

Edited by LivinLOS

OK to add closure to this topic and to answer for any future applications. 

London does not need onward travel for the first entry of a Multi Entry TR, at least in this application they issued the ME TR with a 6 month return air ticket. 

• Thanks 1