325 underage people found in a pub in Chiang Rai

webfact

image.jpeg

325 people aged between 16 and 20 were found inside a pub in Muang district of the northern province of Chiang Rai early morning Saturday when it was raided by police and officials from the Department of Juvenile Observation and Protection.

Several other youths fled on their motorcycles when they saw the officials arrive at the Par Club, a spacious night spot in downtown Chiang Rai.

The raid was carried out at about 2am after the Damrongtham Centre had received complaints from parents that their children had visited the pub, which stays open until 4am.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/325-underage-people-found-in-a-pub-in-chiang-rai/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-09-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The raid was carried out at about 2am after the Damrongtham Centre had received complaints from parents that their children had visited the pub, which stays open until 4am.

What's the betting on the club not having a license to operate?

1 hour ago, ebean001 said:

i hope the police, parents, etc can find fun events for these kids. the worldis getting boring. allow this again .. just have proper people around for protection. 

yep stop them enjoying themselves with thier mates and girls stop them being teen-agers..let them out on the streets instead..theft..fighting gangs..car theft.. Must be better eh 

3 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

yep stop them enjoying themselves with thier mates and girls stop them being teen-agers..let them out on the streets instead..theft..fighting gangs..car theft.. Must be better eh 

The fighting, gangs..car theft all comes after they've had a good few drinks and roll out the club no?

5 hours ago, shackleton said:

Over 300 people at a Pub in Chang Rai it's been  going on for a long time

You are not going to tell me the police and local officials were not aware ????

Brown envelopes involves ????

This  is going on all round the Country 

Money talks 

It's not a pub, it's an after hours night club.

I think I was taken there in 2010 by some girls, lots of people there after the bars in town closed.

I was in Chiang Rai recently and there was a large evening /night  event that youngsters attended and alcohol was for sale .

Closing time about midnight and the youngsters were speeding around the roads on motorbike s like they were speedway driving , saw quite a few fall off their bikes just  going around corners and groups of them were going full throttle down the main roads . Ambulance sirens were a constant with ambulances attending to pick up the pieces .

It was such a concern that I didn't want to walk along the pavements as it would be quite possible that I could get hot by an out of control bike 

I remember seeing those 250 motorbikes and hundreds of teenagers.......plus they all went into this one building.

I play an online detective, and nobody was trying to be stealth.    One parent of the 300 plus kids must have taken my course on detective work!!!!

Well, that and the 12,000 instagram posts.  

You need my advance detective training to use Insta in solving the crime!!!! 

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2022 at 7:19 AM, Sparktrader said:

I started clubbing age 15

Could get into some clubs where I grew up at 13-14, although back then they were called discos.

40 years on and although I no longer drink I absolutely love going to good clubs and dancing for several hours.