NE: Hunt on for "cruel man" who shot and hurt family's pet dog that got out in the street

webfact

17 minutes ago, billsmart said:

If you have 60 stray dogs in a 6km stretch, you have a lot more of a problem than just the dogs. You're living in an area with irresponsible humans.

It is my understanding that it is illegal to kill dogs in Thailand.  What, then, should those humans do?  Feed the dogs instead of the monks?

19 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Where can we buy these catapult and glass marble? I am just protecting myself in case a growling dog charges at me.

Catapults and glass marbles are everywhere for sale. The elastic on Thai catapults is tosh. I changed mine to  round rubber, length 3 meters, spare tire, slingshot 6 mm from Lazada. Marbles https://shopee.co.th/10-Pcs-Marbles-16mm-glass-marbles-Knicker-glass-balls-decoration-i.110871266.1815713691

Edited by IvorBiggun2

15 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Of course.

Take a sh*t on someones driveway and come back.

Nightmare neighbors with thier useless dog. 

Thai owners think that owning a dog just means giving them food and pat. When the dog grows old, they are left abandoned somewhere.

That's why owning a dog needs a lot of time and money. It's better not to own a dog if we don't have the time.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Dogs love you unconditionally and forever, as long as you provide them with food and somewhere to stay and it doesn't matter what kind of person you are , they will always want to be by your side 

Actually, not to different to a Thai partner really .

Not true i care for my wife but she still bites me sometimes although she does not poop in the garden.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

I'd rather be in the company of a dog than a human any day. 

It makes one wonder how badly they’ve screwed up their life that they believe all those around them are incapable of being caring....  

.... Or, are they just dim and think this is a decent argument to present ???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

I'm saying humans everywhere, wherever they come from, do not have the right to kill animals just for their convenience.

So you’re a vegan who wears no leather items or uses any animal products ?

Or are you a virtue signalling hypocrite who believes its perfectly ok to allow soi dogs to continue to roam the streets, procreate, struggle with disease and sickness, cause accidents and deaths and spread disease as rats do ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Where can we buy these catapult and glass marble? I am just protecting myself in case a growling dog charges at me.

Catapults are easy to buy in the village stores and markets. I use clay balls about the size of a marble and if you get it right and the ball hits something solid it gives the same effect as a glass marble.

There is a triple gain as the clay ball is bio degradable, cheaper than glass marbles and if it breaks up there is no lasting damage to the dog.

12 hours ago, billsmart said:

"Bad guys" injure and kill many more animals than animals injure or kill humans. I say, lock him up! ????

I say, there should be a bounty on off leash dogs in public. I say that the guy was there deliberately, to execute a dog that had attacked him previously. I say????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

It is my understanding that it is illegal to kill dogs in Thailand.  What, then, should those humans do?  Feed the dogs instead of the monks?

I'd say feed both, but I'd favor the dogs since they have no other source of food.

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

....its their country right, inluding the soi dogs and they have more rights to an opinion than the foreigner ???

... Yet another comical fool who believes he’s the guest of a soi dog !!!...  

I've lived in Thailand for over twenty years, and I've been married to a Thai woman over 15 years. but, yes, I do believe I am a guest in this country. And, by the way, I have 14 dogs, all strays which we "rescued" from the mountain road which runs by our property.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So you’re a vegan who wears no leather items or uses any animal products ?

Or are you a virtue signalling hypocrite who believes its perfectly ok to allow soi dogs to continue to roam the streets, procreate, struggle with disease and sickness, cause accidents and deaths and spread disease as rats do ?

I am not a vegan. I eat meat, and even if I were a vegan, I would be responsible for killing plants for food. Taking the life of another being for food is not the same as taking it for your convenience. Taking another being's life for food is a necessity. All life is sustained by the taking of other life.

I do think it's not only "perfectly ok" but our responsibility to see that soi dogs, and all animals, are not killed just for the convenience of humans. We're not better than them. We should not act that way.

2 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I've lived in Thailand for over twenty years, and I've been married to a Thai woman over 15 years. but, yes, I do believe I am a guest in this country.

Similar, but I don’t believe I am a ‘guest’... This is my home and I am a member of my community, one in which I don’t want soi dogs running around and strangely enough, neither do the Thai’s I speak with. 

And, by the way, I have 14 dogs, all strays which we "rescued" from the mountain road which runs by our property.

Thats kind...  and well done for caring for them fully and having them spayed so they don’t procreate and lead to further generations of animal suffering scrounging for scraps, eating from garbage cans, catching mange etc... ???

• Like 1

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It makes one wonder how badly they’ve screwed up their life that they believe all those around them are incapable of being caring....  

.... Or, are they just dim and think this is a decent argument to present ???

...or do that just read comments that demonstrate that on AseanNow?

I am not a vegan. I eat meat, and even if I were a vegan, I would be responsible for killing plants for food. Taking the life of another being for food is not the same as taking it for your convenience. Taking another being's life for food is a necessity. All life is sustained by the taking of other life.

I do think it's not only "perfectly ok" but our responsibility to see that soi dogs, and all animals, are not killed just for the convenience of humans. We're not better than them. We should not act that way.

I do agree.... 

I just believe we should be doing something better and preventing the issue of soi dogs being an issue in the first place.... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Albaby said:

I say, there should be a bounty on off leash dogs in public. I say that the guy was there deliberately, to execute a dog that had attacked him previously. I say????

I say there should be a bounty or at least an open season on those that go around and shoot stray dogs. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Similar, but I don’t believe I am a ‘guest’... This is my home and I am a member of my community, one in which I don’t want soi dogs running around and strangely enough, neither do the Thai’s I speak with. 

Thats kind...  and well done for caring for them fully and having them spayed so they don’t procreate and lead to further generations of animal suffering scrounging for scraps, eating from garbage cans, catching mange etc... ???

We do have the females spayed, but leave the males as-is because they need all the testosterone they can get living up here in the mountains. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I've lived in Thailand for over twenty years, and I've been married to a Thai woman over 15 years. but, yes, I do believe I am a guest in this country. And, by the way, I have 14 dogs, all strays which we "rescued" from the mountain road which runs by our property.

6 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Question...  As you are ‘feeling responsible’ for these stray animals... how far does that feeling of responsibility extend ???

If while running free they knock a motorcyclist of their motorcycle are these dogs then your responsibility ???

I think the issue is not quite as black and white as we may sometimes thing: 

Its lovely to be caring and look after animals, but there is always a bigger picture, especially when it comes to stray animals we may want to care for, but not want to go so far as being responsible for. 

• Like 1