Does anyone have to deal with ANZ in Australia.

giddyup

It's an absolute nightmare. You can spend literally hours and a lot of Baht trying for a connection. I have become so stressed out trying to contact them that I'm going to transfer all my funds to Thailand. That's if I can ever get through to them. All the complaints I've sent by email are just ignored. It may come to me actually flying back to Australia to get the funds transferred.

10 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I have my main accounts with ANZ. Often the big banks are hard to get through but I find if you call between 8 or 9 in the morning Australian time there's a fair few staff but not so many callers.

So, you think if I call about 5am local time it might be easier? I'm tearing my hair out trying to actually speak to someone, it's the only way to deal with my transaction.

Do you call using their international number?

Edited by giddyup

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So, you think if I call about 5am local time it might be easier? I'm tearing my hair out trying to actually speak to someone, it's the only way to deal with my transaction.

Do you call using their international number?

I am in Melbourne. I have had the same experience as you if I call later in the day and particularly at night.  I would say between 7 and 9 which is 4 to 6 your time.

If that doesn't work I find if you pick an option that suggests you want to open an account they'll put you ahead of people who just have an enquiry - but the staff member will still be able to help. Worked with Jetstar too last week when I had a question about vouchers and couldn't get through, in fact the line dropped out, but then said I was buying a ticket and got through fast.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am in Melbourne. I have had the same experience as you if I call later in the day and particularly at night.  I would say between 7 and 9 which is 4 to 6 your time.

If that doesn't work I find if you pick an option that suggests you want to open an account they'll put you ahead of people who just have an enquiry - but the staff member will still be able to help. Worked with Jetstar too last week when I had a question about vouchers and couldn't get through, in fact the line dropped out, but then said I was buying a ticket and got through fast.  

It may be worse for International calls than local, but I will give the early morning call a try. It is really shameful that ANZ have made it so difficult to contact them. I have been a customer for over 50 years, but that counts for nothing.

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It may be worse for International calls than local, but I will give the early morning call a try. It is really shameful that ANZ have made it so difficult to contact them. I have been a customer for over 50 years, but that counts for nothing.

If I knew it was going to be this difficult I would have transferred all my money a long time ago. At least when it's here I can pop into a branch.

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

4 minutes ago, sipi said:

Westpac aren't any better.

I was with Westpac for around 50 years. Loyalty means JackSH!T these days.

Needless to say closed my account when I packed up and left Australia 5 years ago. Opened an account with CommBank before I left to have an account in Australia and a debit card to use internationally. Working well with no problems to date.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

I was with Westpac for around 50 years. Loyalty means JackSH!T these days.

Needless to say closed my account when I packed up and left Australia 5 years ago. Opened an account with CommBank before I left to have an account in Australia and a debit card to use internationally. Working well with no problems to date.

I haven't had to contact ANZ much in the 12 years I've been in Thailand because I can do it through online banking, but I'm limited to transferring A$10K at a time, but now I want to transfer a very large lump sum, and actually speaking with someone is the only way to do it.

Sorry to hear about your experience but it's comforting to know that this is a common source of frustration. Germans too are tearing their hair out with the bank I have accounts and cards with: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.dkb.de

I am especially mindful with how I use the app, keeping transfers to a minimum because in the event of a nightmarish situation happening, nobody can be reached. Calling is pointless. After an hour of waiting, calls are inexplicably dropped.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I haven't had to contact ANZ much in the 12 years I've been in Thailand because I can do it through online banking, but I'm limited to transferring A$10K at a time, but now I want to transfer a very large lump sum, and actually speaking with someone is the only way to do it.

That's the problem with all the big 4 banks, as soon as you can't manage your large transactions online, calling is a costly exercise in time if you are in Australia, or in your case, costly in money as they have no freecall out of country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haveasay said:

ANZ look them up on Facebook as I've dealt with them through messenger rather than call....

Waste of time. They just give the phone contact numbers or the email of Complaints dept. Don't want to actually try and fix a problem, just give you the brush off.