Pattaya dance teacher files report claiming foreign tourist inappropriately touched her while out for a stroll on Walking Street

webfact

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then some people call it victim blaming when others point out that it was just stupid to take that risk.

As always, if you don’t wanna be called XYZ, then don’t do XYZ. Applies for fascists and victim blamers and everyone else. 

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

a dance teacher walking on the Walking street in Pattaya and had thaught many actors at 3 am??? What dances and where I am asking myself.. I never had a danceclass at midnight in a neighbourhood with poledance bars

Nice comment..... But I guess you have not read the art

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its highly relevant. 

For those who want to blame the victim. 

While everyone agrees that no person should be touched indecently by a stranger without first inviting such behaviour there are also the realities of the location to consider.

No, the location isn’t to consider. The location doesn’t make a difference to what happened. 

It would be naive to assume the world is perfect especially in such an area - this is not blaming the victim, the incident should still not have happened - but we have to recognise the world for what it is. 

You can “recognize the world for what it is” without blaming the victim. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Was a dance teacher….walking on the street at 3am?

Completely irrelevant and none of your business. 

Do good girls do that in a sex swamped area? 

Only good men do that. Good girls should stay at home and cook a meal for their good man who’s out harassing women on walking street. 

how about using common sense?

How about not blaming the victim?

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I see this as rather a waste of police time.... and your comments as a waste of mine.

Begs the question why you bother with the comments then?

When did it become a waste of time for the police to catch wrongdoers and criminals? Maybe, you are the one deciding what is right and wrong for the Thai police to do as a premium guest in this country?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems she was about 2am out on Walking Street, and probably alone.

What was her expectation? 

I imagine her 'expectation' was to not be inappropriately touched by a stranger.  Which should be anyone's expectation when out in public, no matter what the time or place.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, newnative said:

I imagine her 'expectation' was to not be inappropriately touched by a stranger.  Which should be anyone's expectation when out in public, no matter what the time or place.  

Do you know Walking Street? No, it's not like any other street with people walking around.

And it is not too difficult to realize the purpose of that street and the establishments. 

IMG_0564.jpg

52 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I walked into a bar on Monday evening and a woman grabbed hold of my private’s and refused to let go until I bought her a drink it took me 30 minutes to find my wallet 

It is never acceptable for a man to be the victim of a serious sexual  assault of this nature no matter where you were ,anybody who disagrees is "victim blaming"

You should make a formal complaint   you should be inline for around 200,000 baht if reports are true

12 minutes ago, newnative said:

If I go to Walking Street, then I expect to be touched by all those girls. After all, what other reason is there to go to that street? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe someone should make a video, walking into a Thai police station and complaining that a horde of girls touched them in a bar somewhere. I love to see the face of the police officers.

I would also be very interested at the reaction of the wokies on here regarding both the "sexual assault" itself and the police reaction to the reporting of it

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The victim said that she was a dance teacher in Pattaya and used to teach many famous actors. Yesterday, she went on a night out on Walking Street to enjoy the vibe when a foreign man secretly snuck up behind her and touched her without her consent.

An hour after closing time?

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

We all have different terms we use. I know many who use this term. It is a rather innocent description. I don't like using the words whore, hooker or prostitute. Civilian and working gal seem far more polite and respectful. Although some Uber PC guys will argue the point. 

But what if the civilian also works...... like the lady in question works as a dance instructor.

Is not a working girl ?

I think you need to drop this whole civilian/working girl <deleted> and call the sex worker a sex worker.

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Oh dear another over emotional wokie,   I did not "argue" for mistaken Identity, I suggested it as a possibility which was perfectly a feasible explanation that had not been mentioned in this thread

Why do you need to mention "trump" he has nothing to do with this at all. 

I imagine you mention trump at every opportunity,regarding whatever you consider to be negative ,  is it a way of raising your status amongst your woke friends or just an annoying habit over which you have no control

Totally agree.

There is always some moron who wants to inject their political agenda, where there is no ethereal connection!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If I go to Walking Street, then I expect to be touched by all those girls. After all, what other reason is there to go to that street? 

Would you expect to have your <deleted> groped by a foreign male tourist ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Totally agree.

There is always some moron who wants to inject their political agenda, where there is no ethereal connection!

its all rather sinister  "trump" and others have been classed as sub human by the wokies, a tactic used by the Nazi's over 70 years ago to excuse their barbaric acts. I have heard calls for trump (and others) to be hung drawn and quartered by the tolerant "woke community"

23 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Until such time as words, adjectives, and behaviors are defined properly, we have no idea of what really happened, and so no real reason to use the word 'victim', when referring to this event.

The claim is : "a foreign tourist inappropriately touched her", and

"a foreign man secretly snuck up behind her and touched her without her consent. ".

What in this world does that mean? She was touched, oh darn. Inappropriate way, now, what in her mind does a touch become "inappropriate"?

I remember starting a chat with a girl while shopping. I ended up invited her to go have dinner in the evening. All seemed positive, until, when I had to go on my way, I touched her on the side of her hip, candidly, I do not know why, just to establish a contact perhaps.

Well, she got really offended, started telling me that this is not to be done in this country, or something to that effect. And she hinted at a possible complain. I remember getting uneasy, and was very glad to be able to just walk away from this entitled lady, entitled perhaps to the sanctity of her own body.

Lesson learned....

Well said, it would be very pertinent to the op to know the exact nature of this "inappropriate touching" before  convicting and punishing the person involved, 

I feel there is a lot of information missing  

• Like 2