Water still leaking through roof of Thailand’s new ฿12bn parliament building

snoop1130

Worse problem after my house build was my windows. I had wooden ones fitted but they leaked like sieves from day one. Probably worse than sieves. When the glass was fitted they never sealed the bloody things. Within a year of my build I had to remove them and replace with uPVC.

With regards to the roof I was told by another farang to put in a rubberized membrane under the tiles. That was good advice but the builders found it difficult to install because they couldn't attach it to the metal laths. I had to bodge repair any leaks as and when myself. All dry now.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:26 PM, tomacht8 said:

Taxpayers pay very dearly, a lot of money. And until completion, the money leaks out everywhere, until the scrap is booked in the state budget. Now another repair bill is probably due at taxpayer's expense.

Not so fast, have to form a commmittee first with a hefty meeting fee for everyboy who attends each committee meeting. Then ...

On 9/8/2022 at 1:40 PM, Sydebolle said:

Suvarnaphumi Airport and this building was apparently built by the same company; one of the big wigs of this company is presently so busy with the Ministry of Public Health which might explain the leak. In addition to all this, the extension of Suvarnaphumi Airport will be undertaken by the very same company ..... I hear. 

But then some other ministers of this gifted government ordered some submarines in their 
wisdom so everything is OK and a leak cannot derail this government for sure, unless of course, the not yet commissioned engines for the subs would not make it in time ???? 

Oh no, not a leaky submarine, easy to fix of course, don't put it in the water.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:09 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Worse problem after my house build was my windows. I had wooden ones fitted but they leaked like sieves from day one. Probably worse than sieves. When the glass was fitted they never sealed the bloody things. Within a year of my build I had to remove them and replace with uPVC.

With regards to the roof I was told by another farang to put in a rubberized membrane under the tiles. That was good advice but the builders found it difficult to install because they couldn't attach it to the metal laths. I had to bodge repair any leaks as and when myself. All dry now.

Unfortunately, this does not only happen in Thailand.  During my years as a general contractor I had a slew of jobs repairing shoddy, unprofessional work, much of it by licensed contractors.

• Like 2