Police in Khon Kaen start project to train locals in dealing with drug addicts - One Prod in Each Sub-district

webfact

First no real education in regards to drugs just s few picture don't do it and hope to God " the honor system works "

Now the increase it's their own pears the reason for the increase. 

I don't have a problem with the method but it is after the fact and if you do subtue what is the solution to fixing the problem or addiction.

None! 

3 hours ago, animatic said:

I have seen a poor guy with a machete, out of his mind on yabaa, corralled and safely subdued with these ‘prods’. It seems a useful tool and far less cruel than many alternatives.

In USA I wish they tried this over guns or heart attack causing stun guns.  Far less unnecessary deaths for the mentally ill is a good result, low tech or high tech.

Only my opinion, but drug takers are mentally ill by their own choosing and if brought down by a stun gun, then they have only themselves to blame. "Mentally ill" seems to be an excuse for too many misdemeanors these days.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

First no real education in regards to drugs just s few picture don't do it and hope to God " the honor system works "

Now the increase it's their own pears the reason for the increase. 

I don't have a problem with the method but it is after the fact and if you do subtue what is the solution to fixing the problem or addiction.

None! 

I've seen cops going to a local school in my area from time to time so I asked one of them what's going on. The answer was they come to talk to the kids about the harm of drugs. As it was a primary school I asked him if the kids are not too young and he said it's never too early to start with anti drugs education. 

• Like 1

Seems to work when they’ve got a few of the prods….  Taser might work but like the 20+ year veteran police officer in US must’ve forgot which side the taser was on… how do you do that with 20- years 

and tasers only been used a few years comparable…. It that case the perp was killed allegedly stop

for air freshener hanging from rear view mirror… it’s illegal you know…. Geez..

The immigration is, to the best of my knowledge, under the police and latter again under the Ministry of Interior.

Maybe by facilitating immigration with one stamp for extension including multiple re-entry at 7'500 Baht, no funny 90-days reports, TM28, TM30 and TM-God-only-knows-what-number will free up at least 75% of the existing staff force. 

Move those people to Khon Kaen (postings in Thailand are not related to the actual place of chosen residence) and Bob's your uncle ???? 

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

I've seen cops going to a local school in my area from time to time so I asked one of them what's going on. The answer was they come to talk to the kids about the harm of drugs. As it was a primary school I asked him if the kids are not too young and he said it's never too early to start with anti drugs education. 

Nice to see that but certainly not 5he case from my experience with my son and his friends who all attend government schools. 

The inflex of drugs is the direct turning of heads within their own group particularly their superiors like the the inflex of illegal immigrants.