Extending visa with retirement extension - money in bank

I understand that when applying to extend a visa with a reirement extension one must be able to show 800 000 Bahyt in the bank for th e2 months before submitting the application and leave it there for the three months after being granted the extension.  In one post (4-5 December 2021) it says that one needs to be able to show 400 000 in the bank the other months.  In other words, one may spend a maximum of 400 000 of the deposit but no more.  Is this correct or could I spend it all as long as it is replenished at least two months before applying for an extension?

33 minutes ago, If I should die said:

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Obviously keep an amount above those rules.

Sometimes the bank may take an small annual charge from account for card etc. 

Added tip: best to use dedicated bank account for immigration purposes.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

That is indeed my intention.  It is simply that I will have an unusually large cash need for the rest of the year (condo renovation) and was thinking my visa money could make a contribution.  That account will then be replenished over the initial months of next year and before the two month deadline. 

6 minutes ago, If I should die said:

That is indeed my intention.  It is simply that I will have an unusually large cash need for the rest of the year (condo renovation) and was thinking my visa money could make a contribution.  That account will then be replenished over the initial months of next year and before the two month deadline. 

Look into the Combo Method. Some every month and some in the bank, as long as it adds up to 800k per year

5 minutes ago, If I should die said:

Nothing wrong with that.

I would suggest take out the whole 400k (after 3 months of obtaining the extension) and place into your daily banking account and replenish into "extension account) in  one hit 2 month+ prior to next extension. 

Just now, KannikaP said:

Look into the Combo Method. Some every month and some in the bank, as long as it adds up to 800k per year

Not all immigration offices accept combo method and clearly this is a once of for the OP due to renno.

Combo method would be bad plan.