Bug*er!

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You stated company paying.

Wasted thread imo.

You had options..

No, I didn't. I've arrange to meet friends. They bought the ticket, and 24th or 8th were the only available dates.

I didn't realise the 45 day thing doesn't start until Oct 1st. It was all genuine. Sorry if you feel aggrieved. The advice about OnwardTicket was perfect. Not wasted at all!

Feel free to block me, so you don't have to waste your time reading any of my posts again. No biggie!

I dearly miss the time of my first travel to Thailand in the 90's. Went to the embassy in Paris in the morning, gave them my passport and a form that i filled there in 5 minutes. I waited 30 minutes, and got a three entries tourist visa, altogether 270 days ! You could asked for as many entries you needed...Good old days. Now they need a never ending list of documents impossible to get, and their website says the eVisa needs 1 month minimum to be proceeded...The joy of bureaucracy.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:05 AM, sabai-dee-man said:

Maybe the terminology has changed since the last time I did it...

Visa exempt - stay 30 days
Extension - 30 days? (Maybe 15 days... been a long time since I needed the "service".)
Visa run = get another 30 days "visa exempt"?

Bloody hell! You're not wrong, are you?! What a kerfuffle! ????????????

The required conditions to comply with the Evisa application is more than a "kerfuffle", I gave up trying. If only the Thai Foreign Ministry and the Tourism and Sport Ministry began to agree the requirements necessary to fulfil their objectives and satisfy the Treasury! IF ONLY!

23 hours ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Visa run = get another 30 days "visa exempt"?

In the past, a 'Visa Run' could have included a trip to say Vientiane or Savannakhet to get another tourist visa, or even Non-Imm-O, with an overnight stay. In reality 'Visa Exempt', as the name implies, is not a Visa. (But let us not argue semantics).