Requirements to get Non-O base on retirement in Bangkok

Hi Guys,

I am currently living in Bangkok on Non OA. I would like to apply to get Non-O based on retirement.

Can anyone advise the detail requirements for non-O based on retirement, how can I apply and how long does it take to get it?

By the way, my visa exempt entry here is 2 weeks. Where is much easier and faster to get Non-O, apply in Bangkok or Laos?

Can you recommend if there are reliable agents? 

Thank you

9 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

By the way, my visa exempt entry here is 2 weeks. Where is much easier and faster to get Non-O, apply in Bangkok or Laos

I answered your question in your other thread.

You can obtain a non O in consulate such as Vientiane or here in Thailand from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

You state in your OP that you are in Thailand on a non O-A and later refer to currently on visa exempt.

Confusing. 

Edited by DrJack54

When you apply for a non-o visa at immigration it will take about 2 weeks for the application to be approved. That is why you need at least 15 days remaining on your stay to apply.

Requirements are here: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022C1_09.pdf

You could also apply for the non-o visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos instead of just doing a border hop to get a visa exempt entry. requirements for Savannakhet is here. https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visa-retirement-in-thailand?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

For just a border hop doing it in Cambodia would be the nearest location if in Bangkok.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I answered your question in your other thread.

You can obtain a non O in consulate such as Vientiane or here in Thailand from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

You state in your OP that you are in Thailand on a non O-A and later refer to currently on visa exempt.

Confusing. 

I am currently living in Bangkok base on Non-OA, I clearly stated that. After non-OA expire or I leave Bangkok without re-enter permit then I have to re-enter Bangkok using visa exempt to apply for Non O, If so, I will get 2 weeks visa. My English is no good.
Or Can I cancel Non OA at the immigration? Can I apply Non O after that?

1 minute ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

I am currently living in Bangkok base on Non-OA, I clearly stated that. After non-OA expire or I leave Bangkok without re-enter permit then I have to re-enter Bangkok using visa exempt to apply for Non O, If so, I will get 2 weeks visa. My English is no good.
Or Can I cancel Non OA at the immigration? Can I apply Non O after that?

You will need to leave Thailand and reenter.

Be aware that after October 1 you will receive 45 days visa exempt entry.

Gives you time to apply for your non O retirement with 15 days remaining of the 45 permit.

Subsequently obtain your 12 month extension 2 months later.

How long do you have remaining on current permission of stay? 

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will need to leave Thailand and reenter.

Be aware that after October 1 you will receive 45 days visa exempt entry.

Gives you time to apply for your non O retirement with 15 days remaining of the 45 permit.

Subsequently obtain your 12 month extension 2 months later.

How long do you have remaining on current permission of stay? 

I think 24th December. 
I am Myanmar national, so I think my visa exempt entry is 2 weeks instead of 45 days. 
Any idea? 

21 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

I think 24th December. 
I am Myanmar national, so I think my visa exempt entry is 2 weeks instead of 45 days. 
Any idea? 

You get a 14 day entry under a bilateral agreement and it is only allowed by air.

You also cannot apply for the 30 day extension.

The only way you could stay longer would be to apply for a single entry tourist visa that will allow a 60 day stay. 

• Like 1