Is it legal/safe for me to bring my Volcano dry herb vaporizer into BKK with me on my next holiday?

Visceral

Getting it past the sniffer dogs in your country of origin would be a bigger problem ....bags stinking of weed from an implement are what dogs are trained with....youmay not make your flight...vag of a way to start a holiday 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wombat said:

Getting it past the sniffer dogs in your country of origin would be a bigger problem ....bags stinking of weed from an implement are what dogs are trained with....you may not make your flight...bad way to start a holiday 

Thanks, but I would have a new chamber/unit for it and would sterilize the rest (which never made contact with weed). I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amusements said:

My dry herb vape from aliexpress got confiscated by customs a week or two ago, so I would be a bit wary.

Ah rip, thanks I appreciate the response that's a shame nothing worse than smoking compared to dry vaping. ah well ill play it safe in that case. cheers.

18 minutes ago, Visceral said:

Thanks, but I would have a new chamber/unit for it and would sterilize the rest (which never made contact with weed). I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue.

It is if customs find it, and you may get hit with a fine. The device I had seized was brand new in the box. After 30th August things changed. 

Thai govt reaffirms ban on e-cigarettes, vaping - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

Edited by Amusements
Added news link.
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Amusements said:

It is if customs find it, and you may get hit with a fine. The device I had seized was brand new in the box. After 30th August things changed. 

Thai govt reaffirms ban on e-cigarettes, vaping - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

Thanks for the link, they seem to be speaking only of E-cigs and liquid/juice vaporizers I use neither. I use a method that has been recommended more than any other by doctors and medical associations that's why I'm wanting some better clarity. As there is a vast difference between the two. I will try to contact a thai embassy in my country and see what they think as well. Thanks again I appreciate the reply.

2 hours ago, Visceral said:

If you don't have anything constructive to say why comment? there was a thread with ThaiVisaCenter saying they were certain Dry herb and not liquid vapes were fine but i wanted some clarity. Always some clown that lives on every forum that gets off on being a <deleted>.

Don't travel with drugs and you'll be fine, buy it here if it's still legal, which unless it is for medicinal purposes it is not allowed....vaping is not legal either.

• Haha 1

volcano is intended also for liquid/concentrated so I guess is not allowed, I'm in the same situation and I was think to bring the arizer desktop model that is just for dry herbs and not liquid but I think they can confiscate it anyway. btw they sell all these devices locally in Thailand but at triple price so maybe better pay three times the price than a lowyer

On 9/17/2022 at 11:03 AM, Visceral said:

Is it legal/safe for me to bring my Volcano dry herb vaporizer into BKK with me on my next holiday?

I think these units come in two distinct models:  Voltage: 220-240 v / 50-60 Hz or 110-120 v / 50-60 Hz. Where do you live, or which version do you have? (Look on the bottom of the unit.) Obviously you'd need the former for it work properly here.

I doubt that there is anyone, be it a Thai embassy staff or even a government official, who will be able to answer your question. The "law" here is highly subjective, and open to interpretation. Besides duty, or confiscation, you could face criminal charges as well.

I wouldn't bring such a unit, but if you're staying for a long time and cannot function without it, then by all means, pack it in your bag.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I think these units come in two distinct models:  Voltage: 220-240 v / 50-60 Hz or 110-120 v / 50-60 Hz. Where do you live, or which version do you have? (Look on the bottom of the unit.) Obviously you'd need the former for it work properly here.

I doubt that there is anyone, be it a Thai embassy staff or even a government official, who will be able to answer your question. The "law" here is highly subjective, and open to interpretation. Besides duty, or confiscation, you could face criminal charges as well.

I wouldn't bring such a unit, but if you're staying for a long time and cannot function without it, then by all means, pack it in your bag.

Ergo I used Britney Griner as an example and he blew my post off. As a cbd oil user I know how to purchase items in country.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont do it vaporizer are against the thai low

I bought last month 1 volcano from amazon france and ended up confiscated and destroyed by thai costoms and i had to pay a fine

The only good thing is that amazon refund me that was over 500 euros

5 hours ago, Solrac1 said:

I bought last month 1 volcano from amazon france and ended up confiscated and destroyed by thai costoms and i had to pay a fine

FMD...500 euros...so they aren't an inexpensive smoking aid?

On 9/18/2022 at 2:33 PM, Amusements said:

My dry herb vape from aliexpress got confiscated by customs a week or two ago, so I would be a bit wary.

It's gotta be the luck of the draw...a friend had a black mamba dry herb vape sent from UK...no problems at all.

8 hours ago, Solrac1 said:

How much was the fine?

Who collected this fine?

Were you charged with any crimes?

On 10/3/2022 at 12:11 AM, Solrac1 said:

Got the same problem, but Amazon AtoZ policy is bulletproof, as long as you not stupid enough to go to customs. Got few things rejected by Thai customs from Amazon, DHL is useless, but at least you always get your refund. I got Crafty+ from Amazon UK passed through, but US Amazon stuff either get "lost" or banned. Local Units are mostly from Malaysia and they have extra "customs insurance" you can buy, but you end up paying double. I got Xmax V3 Pro from local shop for 4500 baht and Crafty+ from Amazon UK for 7000 Baht delivered. Now Xmax has to go, nothing like S&B units!

• Like 1

A Volcano would probably be tough to get past them since they're such big bulky devices. Maybe I got lucky, but I just entered with a CFC Boundless (a small handheld), a Pulsar APX (an even smaller handheld), and even my Vapor Brothers, which is a tabletop old school type. Of course I didn't bring any tubing for the Vapor Brothers, and the glass parts were thoroughly cleaned. 

Personally, I believe you could successfully take the position, if confronted, that the Volcano is a valid medical aromatherapy device. Pack some eucalyptus or peppermint leaves and a printed out web article describing the use of those leaves in aromatherapy or some such stuff. You need it for your holistic treatment of asthma. Be persistent. Dismiss the very idea that you would use cannabis with a wave of your hand. In that situation it will be all about conveying a believable energy. In other words, you'll have to do a bit of acting.