Tourist e-visa 60 days expired and extended with 30 days, can we apply for new e-visa

Tourist e-visa 60 days expired and extended with 30 days, can we apply for new e-visa while in Thailand

Then fly out and return and have it stamped as normal at customs???

This is what we read on the web

Attention : From 26 September 2021, 11.00 PM (UTC), it is no longer required for e-Visa applicant to submit his/her passport and original supporting documents in person at the Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate. After the e-Visa application has been approved, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to applicants. It is kindly requested to print a copy of the confirmation e-mail to present to airline and Thai Immigration officials to carry out checks when travelling to Thailand.

thanks

Some people have applied for a e visa at a embassy or official consulate in their home country while here. But there are some warnings about it on the e visa site and embassy/consulate websites.

Personally I see no big advantage of doing the e visa while here rather than at a nearby embassy or consulate. You would  still have to leave and re-enter the country and the e visa application has requires flights in and out of Thailand that is not required at a nearby embassy or consulate,

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would  still have to leave and re-enter the country and the e visa application has requires flights in and out of Thailand that is not required at a nearby embassy or consulate,

Thanks, but this last part is not clear to me... How can I apply for e-visa in a nearby consulate and not leave the country? 

57 minutes ago, jumbo said:

Thanks, but this last part is not clear to me... How can I apply for e-visa in a nearby consulate and not leave the country? 

There is no nearby embassy or consulate using the e visa site.

After getting the  a new visa using the e visa site you would have to leave the country to use the visa when you return to Thailand.

59 minutes ago, jumbo said:

Thailand hasn't launched the eVisa system in nearby countries yet, so you'd need to apply at a Thai embassy or consulate for a regular visa.

9 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Thailand hasn't launched the eVisa system in nearby countries yet, so you'd need to apply at a Thai embassy or consulate for a regular visa.

The e-visa can only be applied for by residents of the country in which the service is available.

So any nearby country having launched the system or not is irrelevant.

50 minutes ago, jumbo said:

Well. my Daughter in law is Dutch so could she apply the e-visa here, being in Thailand now,  and then hop in the plane to for example Myanmar and fly back the same day to validate the visa??

As @ubonjoe stated, some have successfully done this. However, the official word from the UK embassy is that you can only use the e-visa system as a UK national when physically present in the UK or Ireland. I assume the same would be true for Dutch nationals trying to apply outside The Netherlands. It might well succeed, but you are not supposed to do it.

• Thanks 1