Is it possible to get Thai sticks or any Thai dope here and what's with all the GM weed?

Dominus

I have 15x Thai MJ plants currently growing in my garden.

Also smoking Lao brick.

Not sure where the OP is wandering but it isn't in my village where every home seems to have a few Thai landrace plants growing in their garden. Maybe OP can't find any Thai weed for sale as it is no longer profitable to sell when everyone is growing their own.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Not sure if it's ok to name shops here or not but you can buy stick online, often in multiple variations and reasonably priced as in <100 baht/gr. 

maybe post it in the cheap weed under 350 thread?

• 1 month later...

V v occasional smoker here and absolutely NOT a skunk or its derivatives fan... Am planning a few months in Bangkok in the not to distant future.  seems you can walk into stores and buy skunk and it's derivatives easily in Bangkok..can you do so with old style Thai stick lao weed?  

21 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

can you do so with old style Thai stick lao weed?  

In shops? Some might have it but for the most part they're focused on the higher end, for less price-sensitive customers.

On-line you can buy locally grown Thai Sativa flower, and both dirt-weed and brick-weed.

Just saw a post on MariJBKK (LINE/FB/Messenger) with three local varieties...

Gandeng, Tanawsri, Phetchaburi.

I see these pretty much daily on my feeds.

On LINE Shopping just enter Wild Thailand.

There are a lot of sativa-dominant strains, but they may not give you the exact experience you're hoping to recreate?

Maybe look as your arrival date gets closer.

marijbkk.jpg

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

In shops? Some might have it but for the most part they're focused on the higher end, for less price-sensitive customers.

On-line you can buy locally grown Thai Sativa flower, and both dirt-weed and brick-weed.

Just saw a post on MariJBKK (LINE/FB/Messenger) with three local varieties...

Gandeng, Tanawsri, Phetchaburi.

I see these pretty much daily on my feeds.

On LINE Shopping just enter Wild Thailand.

There are a lot of sativa-dominant strains, but they may not give you the exact experience you're hoping to recreate?

Maybe look as your arrival date gets closer.

marijbkk.jpg

Thank you.. good to know it's still around... cost isn't the issue ...think I bought brick weed the last time.i was in Thailand....didn't have a name then... But think it was imported from Lao or Burma... thats what I'll be looking for...thanks again

17 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Thank you.. good to know it's still around... cost isn't the issue ...think I bought brick weed the last time.i was in Thailand....didn't have a name then... But think it was imported from Lao or Burma... thats what I'll be looking for...thanks again

Lao brick is available in BKK for 400bht/100gm.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:21 AM, BritManToo said:

I have 15x Thai MJ plants currently growing in my garden.

Also smoking Lao brick.

Not sure where the OP is wandering but it isn't in my village where every home seems to have a few Thai landrace plants growing in their garden. Maybe OP can't find any Thai weed for sale as it is no longer profitable to sell when everyone is growing their own.

That might be the case where you live but I have seen none in anyones garden around here and none in the many plant shops ( lower Petchabun ). People not talking about it , seen nobody smoking it , not caught a whiff of anything . Seems to be a complete lack of interest. Having said that , this is a hard drinkers area so maybe they are happy with their Lao Khao ? Who knows. I was thinking of getting some but not seen anything although wife did see somebody on the back of a saling with a small 1 foot plant.

Not bothered either way.

12 minutes ago, Denim said:

That might be the case where you live but I have seen none in anyones garden around here and none in the many plant shops ( lower Petchabun ). People not talking about it , seen nobody smoking it , not caught a whiff of anything . Seems to be a complete lack of interest. Having said that , this is a hard drinkers area so maybe they are happy with their Lao Khao ? Who knows. I was thinking of getting some but not seen anything although wife did see somebody on the back of a saling with a small 1 foot plant.

Not bothered either way.

I live in Phetchabun, and it's everywhere in the village I live in. Plenty of plants in the local markets.

Just now, MrMuddle said:

I live in Phetchabun, and it's everywhere in the village I live in. Plenty of plants in the local markets.

Great.....I'm up that way in December will take a look. Seriously zilch in this neck of the woods. I'm out on the bike two mornings a week and have kept my eyes open looking for some but so far nothing. As stated , not seriously bothered but thought I might get back into it since last six months have developed arthritis in my fingers which is making playing the guitar difficult.

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

Great.....I'm up that way in December will take a look. Seriously zilch in this neck of the woods. I'm out on the bike two mornings a week and have kept my eyes open looking for some but so far nothing. As stated , not seriously bothered but thought I might get back into it since last six months have developed arthritis in my fingers which is making playing the guitar difficult.

Arthritis is one of the reasons I use it, for the same purpose, guitar playing! It does help. Best to buy a few plants, as females aren't guaranteed, I got 2 females from 7 plants bought locally, but now have lots of seeds, for future use!

Edited by MrMuddle
edited for spelling!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A gem of an OP, how did I miss it!

The strangest justification I’ve seen on this forum for smoking these new hybrids is that the smoke tastes nice.

Perhaps the poster who made this claim (I can’t remember the name, and no disrespect intended) thinks that this is the cigar forum, where one might enjoy a leisurely Havana over an hour or so?

2-4 tokes of good organic outdoor grown Thai sativa is all it takes me; an hour of puffing is unnecessary.

But I don’t think it’s fair to blame Americanisation, after all the Dutch were experts at seed breeding before the Americas were even colonized.

• Thumbs Up 1