German Shot Dead In Pattaya

Jai Dee

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how he had a legal standing to maintain ownership of the house in the first place? If you can not own it, then why bother killing the guy for it. Maybe he had a 30yr lease agreement... ?

Yeah, probably that, or maybe was planning to knock the whole thing down out of spite as we've heard before.

Poor guy, seems the 30 year lease protected him legally (ex PattayaDailyNews) but not from the killers. What a horrible way to go and if he has family in Germany please be mindful of your comments as they will be desperate for info and will likely locate this thread in a web search.

RIP

Edited by ThailandTony

I don't see how he had a legal standing to maintain ownership of the house in the first place? If you can not own it, then why bother killing the guy for it. Maybe he had a 30yr lease agreement... ?

seems to be the case, according to pattaya daily news...

Miss Nantha Lukdee (25) address 70/1, Moo 9, Songchin, Grasang, Burirum, Mr.Heinrich’s current girlfriend, arrived in a black Ford automobile, license 8715, Chonburi. She was distraught and said that she had been living with Mr. Heinrich, as husband and wife, at house No. 40/1, Moo 8, about one hundred meters from the shooting. The marriage was unregistered. She said that Mr. Heinrich had bought a house in his ex-wife's name (who he was now divorced from), worth about five million baht. The house, car and motorbike were all in his ex-wife's name. His ex-wife sued Mr. Heinrich to get the properties, but was unsuccessful because Mr. Heinrich had the right to reside in the house as per a thirty year lease.

Poor guy, seems the 30 year lease protected him legally (ex PattayaDailyNews) but not from the killers. What a horrible way to go and if he has family in Germany please be mindful of your comments as they will be desperate for info and will likely locate this thread in a web search.

RIP

I agree with you, and not to make light of it, but there goes the 30 year lease theory for those of you hooking up with people of questionable character. Somebody said it on another thread. Never be worth more dead than alive (at least to her/his knowledge).

My Frang friends – it is about time that you will understand that not only you should not register property on the wife name (regardless how good you think she is now) but also make sure that she know and understand that if something happened to you she will get nothing.

I can write a book on the stupidity and ignorant of Farangs and about the mistakes done by me and by others new comers.

German shot dead in Pattaya

Pattaya, Chon Buri - A 63-year-old German man was shot dead late Sunday night police said.

Heinrich Hermann Friedrdch waas shot dead shortly after leaving a convenient store on Soi Suksomboon in Tambon Nong Palai of Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district at 11:27 pm.

He was shot four times by a pillion rider. The bullets hit his left temple, his back, his chest and left leg.

His Thai wife, Nantha Sukdee, 25, said she has been living with the German man for two years without registering their marriage.

She said the man had bought a house worth Bt5 million under the name of his former Thai wife whom she was suing for the return of the house and other assets.

Source: The Nation - 25 June 2007

People always comment its the same old story but whats really scary in Thailand is that people here do things like this knowing full well they will get caught! There is no thought processes involved! They still do it! When a Thai gets angry or says they are going to do something, you better listen! If you think along the lines of Farang Logic "oh, they won't do it cause its too obvious and they'll get caught" then you can forget that! They will do it and they will get caught! But they just dont seem to care! And you will be dead anyway! Just an experienced warning for newcomers!

so true, the Thais will do something or commit a crime knowing they will be caught. The same is true when it comes to driving a vehicle Just drive with reckless abandonment, have an accident, no problem.

I quess they figure Budha will look out forthem

Isn't generalisation so easy. :o

Yes, everybody always does it. :D

My sympathies got to the German's family and friends. I hope his murderers get caught quickly and pay a high price for their appalling cruelty.

but whats really scary in Thailand is that people here do things like this

They will do it and they will get caught! But they just dont seem to care! And you will be dead anyway! Just an experienced warning for newcomers!

Yes, things like this never happen in other countries!

Ex-husbands & ex-wives in other countries never resort to violence or hire hit-men. Domestic violence is never an issue in other countries.

If you ever watch the news, what they report is the tip of the iceberg ...O.J. Simpson?? That pregnant women just found dead in Ohio?? In every country in the world when a murder takes place, family members are always high on the list of suspects.

It's unfortunate that it happens, whether in Thailand or elsewhere, but Thailand does not have any more greedy, revengeful, bitter, violent people that committ crimes that are both obvious & stupid, than any other country.

most of the above that you say is correct,but the number of "murders" here against foreigners seems very high.Not just somebody knocking off their spouse either.ie:business related.Without checking stats,the Thai on Thai business related murders are in the papers all the time.....

Does anyone remember a few months ago the farang man that was killed by his ex-wife because his new wife had the car from the first marriage...and she wanted the car back??? Or something like that? this seems to happen all the time. My advice to all older farang men dating younger Thai women... NEVER BUY PROPERTY...NEVER BUY A CAR...NEVER LIVE IN THE SAME AREA IF YOU SPLIT UP AND RE-CONNECT WITH ANOTHER YOUNG LADY.

CHANGE YOUR NAME...AND LOOKS AND HIDE.

ALL THIS LOVE IS MAKING YOU A BIG FAT TARGET!!!

have a nice day.

but whats really scary in Thailand is that people here do things like this

They will do it and they will get caught! But they just dont seem to care! And you will be dead anyway! Just an experienced warning for newcomers!

Yes, things like this never happen in other countries!

Ex-husbands & ex-wives in other countries never resort to violence or hire hit-men. Domestic violence is never an issue in other countries.

If you ever watch the news, what they report is the tip of the iceberg ...O.J. Simpson?? That pregnant women just found dead in Ohio?? In every country in the world when a murder takes place, family members are always high on the list of suspects.

It's unfortunate that it happens, whether in Thailand or elsewhere, but Thailand does not have any more greedy, revengeful, bitter, violent people that committ crimes that are both obvious & stupid, than any other country.

Thanks for pointing that out. Judging from some of the comments, you would think that these things never happen back home. Either that, or those people are just not clued up at all.

Hi,

there is no town named Kalisch in Germany, at least none with a post code. The name of the victim does also not sound right. Could be the three names are christian names and Kalisch is his family name. Strange piece of news.

'Kalisch' is a sister city between Germany and Thailand, it is a a surburb of Pattaya (located between Hackfleisch and Dumonkel)...

Well, this might be another bad trial to push up the counter with a redundant comment, and maybe i should be sorry for you...

http://www.territorial.de/wart/dgo.htm :o

Edited by Sturbuc

HIRED GUNMAN SHOOTS EX-GERMAN COP; POLICE SUSPECT HIS FORMER WIFE

A former German policeman was shot dead on the road by men on a motorbike. It is suspected that a gunman was hired to kill the man over properties worth more than five million Baht. Police are investigating his present and former wives.

On 25 June 2007, at 2 AM, Pol. Sub. Lt. NitiPhum Butr-wong, Investigator, Banglamung, Pattaya, was notified that a foreigner was shot dead on Soi Suksomboon (Nongket Yai), Moo 8, Nongplalai, Banglamung, Chonburi. A team of police officers, with Sawang Boriboon Rescue and a doctor from Banglamung Hospital, rushed to investigate....

The rest here : http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000003235

Hi,

there is no town named Kalisch in Germany, at least none with a post code. The name of the victim does also not sound right. Could be the three names are christian names and Kalisch is his family name. Strange piece of news.

'Kalisch' is a sister city between Germany and Thailand, it is a a surburb of Pattaya (located between Hackfleisch and Dumonkel)...

Well, this might be another bad trial to push up the counter with a redundant comment, and maybe i should be sorry for you...

http://www.territorial.de/wart/dgo.htm :o

Oh guys you are disgusting.....Scheisse!

RIP, nothing else to say

Does anyone remember a few months ago the farang man that was killed by his ex-wife because his new wife had the car from the first marriage...and she wanted the car back??? Or something like that? this seems to happen all the time. My advice to all older farang men dating younger Thai women... NEVER BUY PROPERTY...NEVER BUY A CAR...NEVER LIVE IN THE SAME AREA IF YOU SPLIT UP AND RE-CONNECT WITH ANOTHER YOUNG LADY.

CHANGE YOUR NAME...AND LOOKS AND HIDE.

ALL THIS LOVE IS MAKING YOU A BIG FAT TARGET!!!

have a nice day.

Yup, I rememeber. It was a Danish guy in his 70's who was probably murdered by his ex over a car. The police questioned and released her very quickly although the neighbors had heard them arguing and then everything went quiet. I've never heard any follow up on that crime.

Certainly, this kind of stuff happens everywhere, but foreigners who do that here(buy property, etc in the name of the spouse) in Thailand put themsleves in a position of potential jeopardy if they aren't sure of the moral charachter of their spouses. Foreigners are in a much more tenuos legal position here, and justice is much harder to come by if crimes such as these are committed against them unless it becomes a high profile case.

Condolences to the family of the deceased.

Hi,

On the subject of names the new wifes surname has an unusual ring to it. We all know the Thai word for good is "Dee" It could be one of those unfortunate translations but with the Germans not sound right either...

If it is real though...Poor chap!

This is the price you pay for living in a country that doesn't give a shit about you only your money and not not only treats you like a second class citizen but the fact is that we are. Lets not be so arogant as to think we are not all just one argument or misunderstanding away from possibly sufferring the fate of this poor man. Don't hang with people of "unquestionable character" you say? Please1 Piss off a wife, girlfriend or business partner and you just might see how little character the people you think are your friends and loved ones truley are.

A life taken by murder is the lowest form of humanity, but very common especially in Thailand and not only within Farang and Tha Wife but as well between Thai and Thai.

The main reason for it are that one of the partners believes that She / He has lost Face, a major issue especially in the bar scene.

Think about it and as long timer you should know what I am up too. Farang buys house with First wife, after a while life is not what it should be so a divorce or separation goes on, Thai wife has lost all of her face, at least that is it what she are told and mooked within the scene where she where belongs before, and as well she has lost face in terms of her family. Drive to Surin and watch each Girl returning from Pattaya with her rich Farang out builds the former one, if you can not build it as the girls dream about it, you have lost face, that to often the Brother is actually the husband or lover Farang never or seldom gets to know, or latest when she has all she wants, if he does not leave he may get poisened and they know some real fancy stuff to do it that it looks natural.

But rest asured Farang, things like that happen in Thai families as well, only most of the time we did not read about it because Bangkok Post or Nation do not report that or only in cases when it goes really Highclass, like the case with that Doctor who was put by the family in mental facility.

All of it are just in terms of Face, then working in Pattaya and having Farang they have lost within Thai community all their Face. Or do you see Thais walking with Bar girls the Road, or even marry them??

For us Westerners that will sound strange but Face is the most important factor in Asia, you can be the biggest criminal as long as you know how to save face even about the one you have ripped of all is cool.

That tragic action happen with Mr. Friedrich makes full sense that it was the First Wife, seeing an intruder living within her premises while whole Pattaya is laughing about her this can result only in one action, kill herself or get the husband killed with that action face is restored to some extend one of the reasons why they do not mind getting catched which is further evidence to show that the one who has stolen my Face I have taken revenge for it. A situation very difficult to understand for an Farang but common practice in thai life the Face is important.

And what I read out of the news about that case it tells me all, simple fact is to find a good and decent woman to live with the Bars are the most stupid place to look for, as it is possible to get the Girls out of the Bar, but never getting the Bar out of the Girls.

To own property is under certain circumstances possible or better yet going for a condo which can be fully owned by an Farang, but of course if you go and look for property with your thai girlfriend she will not let you own it in your name.

Things like this will happen as long as Farangs comming to Thailand and think at the first evening they have found the love of their life, if for a split second the wisdom come through that it is only the money they love, maybe a few such cruel actions may be avoided.

But it is a open invitation to live with another woman in the House which is in thai legal terms the House of the first wife. All it needs is just time until the ongoing damage of the face can not be any longer tolerated.

They will do it and they will get caught! But they just dont seem to care!

How very very true, could be because they can stand the jail time *(and it will be short, after the money has passed over...especially if the bib know of a 5 million baht house in the picture)...back down to a matter of face

:o

There is a "suicide" about once a week in Pattaya ("Sleaze By the Sea"). Many of which don't get reported. A typical such "suicide" takes the form of a farang with a bag over his head in his apartment, or splattered all over the sidewalk at the bottom of his 10th story apartment. The murder in this story is pretty obvious; this guy bought a house in the name of his prior "wife", she wants to stiff him and take the house; geez what a "rare" occurrence here in Thailand. She opted to settle out of court. Moral: if you're gonna buy a house here, form a Thai Limited Company and buy it under the same of the company. If you're gonna buy it in the name of your special bar girl who professes her undying love, then when she "unprofesses" and wants the house, get the hel_l out and learn your lesson.

The main reason for it are that one of the partners believes that She / He has lost Face, a major issue especially in the bar scene.

Come on, the bar girls have lost their face for long time in Thai society! I can only comment that an ordered murder is simply primitive. And we are dealing with many primitive creatures here!

Sorry to say that, I know enough Thai people who are civilized, even some girls working in bars and the entertainment industry. Only advise: not fall in love easily and think twice before you trust anybody.

Better get called a Kee Niau and mai mee tang...and wait who will stay interested in you, even that is no guarantee....

Edited by moo9

This is the price you pay for living in a country that doesn't give a shit about you only your money and not not only treats you like a second class citizen but the fact is that we are. Lets not be so arogant as to think we are not all just one argument or misunderstanding away from possibly sufferring the fate of this poor man. Don't hang with people of "unquestionable character" you say? Please1 Piss off a wife, girlfriend or business partner and you just might see how little character the people you think are your friends and loved ones truley are.

Fully agree, character in the western sense is not a big point here. Although there are exceptions from the rule.

Just be double careful, unless you intend to end as my fellow countryman :o

Isn't generalisation so easy. :D

Yeah, it would appear a lot of people here are forgetting that there are more than just farangs on this forum, and forgetting as well that many of those farangs are happily married to Thai women.

I know Elsie wouldn't have me shot over something so trivial as ownership of a 5 mil baht house, would you Elsie ? :D

(even if I have kinda forgotten about the whole "being faithful" thing more often than not) :o

Isn't generalisation so easy. :D

I know Elsie wouldn't have me shot over something so trivial as ownership of a 5 mil baht house, would you Elsie ? :D

(even if I have kinda forgotten about the whole "being faithful" thing more often than not) :o

Same here :D