Land borders only 30 day visa exempt

I was in contact with kbv visa runs in Phuket and they stated even after October 1st the maximum stamp for visa exempt at land borders is 30 days. The 45 days only applies to tourists who arrive by air.

Does anyone know if that is correct?

Thanks

Edited by Leon1980

Last Tuesday I make a special trip to my local Immigration Office (Kap Cheong) and asked the IO "From October is it 30 days or 45 days at the local land border?" The female boss was listening in and said for me (as British) nothing will change so still 30 days. I duly went across and returned and got stamped 30 days as expected (for September). Was she wrong?

5 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Last Tuesday I make a special trip to my local Immigration Office (Kap Cheong) and asked the IO "From October is it 30 days or 45 days at the local land border?" The female boss was listening in and said for me (as British) nothing will change so still 30 days. I duly went across and returned and got stamped 30 days as expected (for September). Was she wrong?

1st October 45 days - land or air.

16 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Starts Oct 1

32 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:
38 minutes ago, rbkk said:

1st October 45 days - land or air.

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Starts Oct 1

So, she was wrong. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

Is it 45 days plus another 45 days from 1 Oct to 31 March or 45 and 30.  Thank you very much in advance. 

Extension 30 days.

So visa exempt 45 + 30 (extension).

Edit: added note. If you enter visa exempt and apply for extension in Bangkok it is done at Laksi IT Mall and not CW immigration.

Edited by DrJack54

16 hours ago, rbkk said:

Were you asked for any proof of funds or proof of onward travel when you re-entered Thailand at Chong Chom?

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Are you sure? Do they have the capacity for so many applicants at Laksi IT?

That has crossed my mind 

MTT could handle it not sure about Laksi.

Many threads with advice of skip the idea of obtaining a tourist visa and do visa exempt instead with extention.

In fact just off phone now chatting with Oz friends that usually come with tourist visa pointing out to them to consider visa exempt entry.