Thaksin and Yingluck can’t resist Penang food

webfact

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

They are in Malaysia.

And much as I despise the pair of them what she is doing is not rude - it looks like she is just pointing to what she is ordering.  "Two of those please, and can you throw in an amnesty for the hair dye guy?  No?  Oh."

Lol!! I love this board.  Posters are quick to point out all the dye job on these old gizzards.  They have no shame with it from Cha Cha to Thaksin

Edited by BayArea

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

"But he didn’t get to be a billionaire by being delusional."

Do some deeper research, he got handed a telecoms license by a scaly, ruthless, violent member of a past coup. Only one license issued, no bids etc.

All happened at a time when the Thai law was very specific - all telecoms operations have to be by the state.

He charged customers very high user rates, quickly he made a fortune. 

Indeed.

The same applies to many of the entrepreneurial/business “geniuses” in Thailand, who are in fact just part of the oligarchy machinery.

Pretty sure my dog could make a fortune running a monopoly (King Power) or a favorable government concession (AIS). There are numerous other examples…

It’s just a method to give a thin veneer of respectability and legitimacy to the oligarchy’s ongoing cash grab from the Thai populace. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BayArea said:

Lol!! I love this board.  Posters are quick to point out all the dye job on these old gizzards.  They have no shame with it from Cha Cha to Thaksin

I do that too... as a person who has accepted going grey at the edges I have a go at pals who are adopting some rather odd colours. 

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Living very comfortably on their ill-gotten gains..

And the talk is of a possible come-back or another sibling in the mix..

Thailand has totally lost it's political way.. ruined by family monopolies and sheer greed.

Never had decent political way to lose. 

Oligarchical families have been managing the place for ages.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 10:42 AM, JoePai said:

Can't blame them, the food in Penang is great 

Got to be some of the best  food in the world. I stayed about 3 months just because of the food... You beat me to it... 

Edited by Gknrd