Maximum stay with visa exempt entries?

So can one now fly in visa exempt, extend it, then do two more out/in visa exempt land border entries and get a 165 day stay? 45+30+45+45 = 165 days. Or even extend both land border entries for 30 days to give you = 225 days or thereabouts? Or is there a limit restricting this?

I have a friend coming for 120 days in November. He's having problems with the dreaded evisa website so can he avoid it with visa exempt entries?

Edited by SunsetT

28 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

He has a return flight booked in March. Can he enter visa exempt in November with this or will he need to show an exit flight or bus ticket within the 45 days or 75 days (with extension)?

A ticket out of Thailand is always good to have when you check in, and as well boarding the plane. I have been asked if I had a ticket several times when booking return with another airline. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, SunsetT said:

He has a return flight booked in March. Can he enter visa exempt in November with this or will he need to show an exit flight or bus ticket within the 45 days or 75 days (with extension)?

If flying to Thailand without visa or reentry permit the airline at departure may ask for an onward flight within 30 days. (should be 45 days from October 1)

Note it does not need to be return ticket and it must be a flight. Bus ticket is not sufficient 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

I thought that you could only do 45+30 and 2 land borders for 135 days.  I did not think that you could get 3x45 days exempt.  Am I wrong?

One example would be fly into Thailand and receive 45 day stamp and also obtain extension so 45+30.

Do two border bounce with extensions.

So 75x3......225days. 

In reality could most likely do a second visa exempt via air prior to border runs. 

Edited by DrJack54