Lazada Delivery Charges.

NoshowJones

The "shipping cost" on the item description is for one off.

Buying several together will should will often might net you a cost lower than say 4 times the one-off price.

As above, test by going to check-out.

Buying another item later will be charged at the one-off rate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

As with all shipping its based on weight/distance.

You have a start price around 38bt then depending which weight band it enters reflects in the price. Upto 500g upto 1kg and so on as an example.

Get it from "food variety" if you can, delivery is FREE !

I did not know that Charlie, I have bought from food variety, but T did not know it was free. Thanks, that's a big help.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I did not know that Charlie, I have bought from food variety, but T did not know it was free. Thanks, that's a big help.

Variety delivers free for 599 Baht minimum purchase on Lazada , but not on their Shopee page ,they charge

delivery . 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Variety delivers free for 599 Baht minimum purchase on Lazada , but not on their Shopee page ,they charge

delivery . 

regards worgeordie

Thanks, and there was I shopping in the variety page and did not know that, I wonder what other things about Lazada I do not know.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You'll get delivery discount if buy more than 1 item from seller

That depends on the item\seller. For some items such as heavy dog food bags in my experience the delivery charges double when you order 2 bags. For other items such as 1 kg bags of beans I found out that the cheapest way was to buy 4 bags each time.

18 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I'm lost re Food Variety, the website I found seems to only have cookies etc., not a full grocery range. Have I got the wrong website?

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2022 at 5:31 PM, scubascuba3 said:

You'll get delivery discount if buy more than 1 item from seller

So if you buy say six of the same things they will all be from the same seller and the delivery charge will be much smaller. I wonder if there are figures for this.

There are certain things like boxes of Cadbury's Smash that I buy individually as they begin to run out.

On 9/23/2022 at 5:34 PM, CharlieH said:

As with all shipping its based on weight/distance.

You have a start price around 38bt then depending which weight band it enters reflects in the price. Upto 500g upto 1kg and so on as an example.

Get it from "food variety" if you can, delivery is FREE !

Yes, free if you spend more than 599Bt I think.

What is it with Lazada and free shipping? Many times I see 'Shipping Free' when looking at an item. But when I click the buy option the 'Shipping Free' option has gone and a 'Shipping Fee' is displayed and added to the price. I never buy when the seller(?) does that. Surely it's wrong?

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What is it with Lazada and free shipping? Many times I see 'Shipping Free' when looking at an item. But when I click the buy option the 'Shipping Free' option has gone and a 'Shipping Fee' is displayed and added to the price. I never buy when the seller(?) does that. Surely it's wrong?

Many times, shipping is free if ordering a minimum amount from that particular vendor. For example, the product page will say something like "Free Delivery 999B +" 

20 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Nothing is free. The shipping charges are built into the price which YOU pay.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

So if you buy say six of the same things they will all be from the same seller and the delivery charge will be much smaller. I wonder if there are figures for this.

There are certain things like boxes of Cadbury's Smash that I buy individually as they begin to run out.

In your initial post you said you wanted the most economical way of buying food. try potatoes from Lotuss or Makro instead of smash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

In your initial post you said you wanted the most economical way of buying food. try potatoes from Lotuss or Makro instead of smash.

Yes you are right, I only eat mash about twice a week, then there is baked potatoes, boiled potatoes, and chips cooked in the air friar, yes, bought from Lotuss or Makro.

These is some really FREE shipping to be found....I have had free shipping a number of times.....But not often, its pretty rare really..

Best bet is to forget free shipping......

To save on shipping just find the vendor with the lowest shipping rates.....Many times Shopee has lower shipping rates.....Not big savings maybe 5,10,15,20,25,30 baht.....But hey every bit of savings helps...

49 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Best bet is to forget free shipping......

No no no no. There's times when checking you can get it. I just bought a water dispenser on Lazada. The lowest priced one advertised free shipping. I saved delivery of 170 Baht.

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I wonder what other things about Lazada I do not know.

I would like to know where to find all 'My Vouchers'.

Lazada says look in your Account, but I can never find them. I know some are automatically added to purchases, but the ones I collect just  seem to disappear.

22 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I would like to know where to find all 'My Vouchers'.

Lazada says look in your Account, but I can never find them. I know some are automatically added to purchases, but the ones I collect just  seem to disappear.

Lazada and their sellers are just one big joke, must be the worst internet company ever to deal with.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Lazada and their sellers are just one big joke, must be the worst internet company ever to deal with.

Except for all the endless layers of free shipping nonsense both Lazada and Shopee are fine.....They can be much much cheaper than Amazon or Ebay depending on what you are looking for.....

Its actually bloody fantastic...Lazada and Shopee sellers have vicious cut throat competition to try and under price each other..

Giving the smart shopper big savings...