Lazada Delivery Charges.

NoshowJones

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

You have clearly never used Shopee.............................or a host of others.

No I haven't, I tried to enlist in Shopee a long time ago but they made it so awkward I just gave up, I am mostly only interested in buying western food as I do not eat Thai food, and I live up here in the boonies.

There was Expat food, that is Siambury's, and they were that bad at messing up my password I just gave them up, besides you must order over 1000 Bt's worth of food and most times they are more expensive than Lazada and don't have as much of a selection.

So I just have to keep on using Lazada, and have to put up with their incompetence all the time.

I used Amazon when I was in the UK and never had a problem with them or their deliveries.

13 hours ago, possum1931 said:

So if you buy say six of the same things they will all be from the same seller and the delivery charge will be much smaller. I wonder if there are figures for this.

I would imagine Lazada allow each seller to set their own delivery fee calculations choosing from weight based, per-item based (with or without multiple-item discount), flat fee or a variety of other algorithms.

If this is indeed the case, then it would be impossible to compile the figures that you want.

5 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Except for all the endless layers of free shipping nonsense both Lazada and Shopee are fine.....They can be much much cheaper than Amazon or Ebay depending on what you are looking for.....

Its actually bloody fantastic...Lazada and Shopee sellers have vicious cut throat competition to try and under price each other..

Giving the smart shopper big savings...

All I am mostly interested in is buying western food and there is not much competition for Lazada so I am stuck with them.

4 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I would imagine Lazada allow each seller to set their own delivery fee calculations choosing from weight based, per-item based (with or without multiple-item discount), flat fee or a variety of other algorithms.

If this is indeed the case, then it would be impossible to compile the figures that you want.

Yes, you have got that right.

Two items always buy online many times a year  Fish Food + Dog Food

So 20 kg of Fish food in the Shop 550 baht + 33 km round trip

Buy on Lavada same sack from same shop always delivered next day...  330 baht + 230 baht Delivery charge.     I cannot drive there and back for 10 baht !!.......  buy 2 sacks on the same order = still 230 baht delivery charge.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

No I haven't, I tried to enlist in Shopee a long time ago but they made it so awkward I just gave up, I am mostly only interested in buying western food as I do not eat Thai food, and I live up here in the boonies.

There was Expat food, that is Siambury's, and they were that bad at messing up my password I just gave them up, besides you must order over 1000 Bt's worth of food and most times they are more expensive than Lazada and don't have as much of a selection.

So I just have to keep on using Lazada, and have to put up with their incompetence all the time.

I used Amazon when I was in the UK and never had a problem with them or their deliveries.

I guess that we all have different experiences.

I had loads of issues with Amazon in the UK and virtually none with Lazada.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 11:39 PM, worgeordie said:

Variety delivers free for 599 Baht minimum purchase on Lazada , but not on their Shopee page ,they charge

delivery . 

regards worgeordie

I have tried it. This is on food bought on Variety. Sub total. 9 items. 641.75Bt. Shipping fee. 98Bt.

On the small print above, it says "7.25Bt more to get free standard delivery". 641.75Bt is well above the 599Bt for free standard delivery.

I must be going wrong somewhere.

49 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have tried it. This is on food bought on Variety. Sub total. 9 items. 641.75Bt. Shipping fee. 98Bt.

On the small print above, it says "7.25Bt more to get free standard delivery". 641.75Bt is well above the 599Bt for free standard delivery.

I must be going wrong somewhere.

That was on Lazada ?, I just ordered yesterday and got free delivery,

in fact I always get it , but same site on Shopee charges delivery 

I dont 

know what you are doing wrong , I am in Chiang Mai ,so long

way for delivery.

regards worgeordie

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

That was on Lazada ?, I just ordered yesterday and got free delivery,

in fact I always get it , but same site on Shopee charges delivery 

I dont 

know what you are doing wrong , I am in Chiang Mai ,so long

way for delivery.

regards worgeordie

Yes. That was on Lazada. I tried it out as a test, but would still be getting charged for delivery for items on Variety. Either I have missed something, or it is just the same old unreliable Lazada.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Yes. That was on Lazada. I tried it out as a test, but would still be getting charged for delivery for items on Variety. Either I have missed something, or it is just the same old unreliable Lazada.

Your not on one of the Islands or some really out of the way locality,

that could be reason for delivery charge.

regards worgeordie

On 9/23/2022 at 5:44 PM, Yorkshire Tea said:

Or delivery is factored into prices.

From what I gather. There is no amount put into the seller's price. The standard price is 10 baht to Laz and the rest is swallowed up with transport and delivery.

I bought some fishing tackle on a special deal for 6 baht. Total cost 34 baht. Since then the standard delivery has gone to 38 baht.

Just ordered a stylus for daughters phone. 240 baht + 38. So 278 all told. Will get delivered later this week.

I'd like Laz to get into books; big time. My last two orders from Book Depository never got to me.

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Dried Mashed Potato.....................disgusting stuff.

You can use it for when you ran out of glue for your wallpaper :whistling:

I made the mistake once in buying one of those MASH Potato Instant packages. Even the dogs wouldn't touch it and one of them eats everything (except that ????)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I made the mistake once in buying one of those MASH Potato Instant packages. Even the dogs wouldn't touch it and one of them eats everything (except that ????)

For crying out loud....How hard is it to boil a potato and mash it...

Slice the potato before boiling, and it might take 10 minutes...

• Haha 1

Bought some items from Ikea, for the very first time....bed slats, and then a centre support bar. Slats 1400 + 99 shipping. Then 500 for the bar + 99 shipping. They were no good for my bedframe so needed to return them. 

For their company to come pick them up...............Bht 1790 !  Sent them with Best Express for Bht 160, took ONE day P'lok to Bkk.

The refund will take up to 20 days back to my Bkk Bank Debit Card.

I am never driving to Sweden in aVolvo again, or listening to Abba ! 555

23 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Years ago in England we had a mix called 'Smash'. Made some pretty decent mash potato. In fact for a year or so my favourite meal was mashed potato (Smash) with beans from the tin, with those little sausages, and cooked carrots.

I find that dogs, and cats, eat what they are trained to eat. When they are puppies they will eat what the mum eats.

Try mixing the MASH with some cooked chicken. And perhaps warming it a little in the sun or micro-wave.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Ah yes! But you are talking going into the kitchen. When I brew my reishi wine, I do it outside.

I have a bad phobia about kitchens, and only stay in them for a few moments.

24 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

For crying out loud... I just bought 1 lousy package to test it!!

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am never driving to Sweden in a Volvo again, or listening to Abba ! 555

Direct action. It's what the world need at the present time.

I was the same in England. If I thought I wasn't getting the best service I wouldn't buy from, or use, them again. There was a big warehouse in Romford (Essex) selling flat packs. I bought a flat-pack for a TV. Took me ages to put it together. When the daughter came home from school, I said to sit on it. After all if it couldn't take the weight of a 6 year old, it wouldn't take a TV. It just collapsed in a heap. Never bought anything from them again.

And same in Thailand. I was walking down a soi in my local town, and a shop was hanging things from high up. I hit my head on something. Never went in that area again. Their loss for not thinking of tall people.

Edited by owl sees all

23 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Try mixing the MASH with some cooked chicken. And perhaps warming it a little in the sun or micro-wave.

It was a 1 time buy thus never again and for 89 THB it was (even) not worth the test.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Direct action. It's what the world need at the present time.

I was the same in England. If I thought I wasn't getting the best service I wouldn't buy from, or use, them again. There was a big warehouse in Romford (Essex) selling flat packs. I bought a flat-pack for a TV. Took me ages to put it together. When the daughter came home from school, I said to sit on it. After all if it couldn't take the weight of a 6 year old, it wouldn't take a TV. It just collapsed in a heap. Never bought anything from them again.

And same in Thailand. I was walking down a soi in my local town, and a shop was hanging things from high up. I hit my head on something. Never went in that area again. Their loss for not thinking of tall people.

Can you believe that Ikea suggested I took the items back to Bang Yai (Bkk) my self within 365 days. That would have been 4 hours each way and about Bht 4000 in juice.

Their warranty says that an item can be returned within 365 days of delivery as long as it has not been assembled???, or in the case of a mattress, been used!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MJCM said:

It was a 1 time buy thus never again and for 89 THB it was (even) not worth the test.

Thanks for telling us about it MJCM.

I haven't got a dog now - as a neighbour killed Lala for hurting one of his chickens - but it sounds as though it is not worth bothering with either for yourself or your pet.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Can you believe that Ikea suggested I took the items back to Bang Yai (Bkk) my self within 365 days. That would have been 4 hours each way and about Bht 4000 in juice.

Their warranty says that an item can be returned within 365 days of delivery as long as it has not been assembled???, or in the case of a mattress, been used!

Strange, IKEA picked up 2 of my mattresses

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

There was a big warehouse in Romford (Essex) selling flat packs. I bought a flat-pack for a TV. Took me ages to put it together. When the daughter came home from school, I said to sit on it. After all if it couldn't take the weight of a 6 year old, it wouldn't take a TV. It just collapsed in a heap.

Just remembered. The store was called MFI. Opened in the 1970s.