Non Immigrant 0 Bank Statement off 5 days - Visa Service necessary?

Hello, I have a nasty problem. I entered with a Non-Immigrant 0 for three months to arrange a retirement visa. I had transferred the required 800k Baht. The balance slipped below 800k for 1 day on September 4th. My three months expire October 30th so that is too soon for a new bank statement on November 5th (Before you comment how foolish this has been - I knew I could not touch the amount three months after application, I did not know that I cannot touch it two months prior either).

I was told at immigration today that I can't arrange the one-year retirement visa because of this one problem. Does this mean that I have to use a visa service after all? Because if I leave the country, I lose the Non-Immigrant 0 status and won't be able to officially apply for retirement on another visa type. Thanks for the info.

After the 30th you will be on a overstay and on the 5th it will be 5 day at 500 baht a day.

Some offices have a allowed a person to apply for the extension with a short overstay when they were short on the required 2 months. I suggest you go to immigration again and ask if the will let you apply with a overstay.

You might be able to find an agent that has contacts with immigration where are applying and arrange it for not a lot of money.

• Like 2

Overstay has been categorically denied. I live in Khorat and immigration has undergone a major shake-up here. So it is more difficult to bend the rules even when they are new (this happened to me because it used to be one month prior to application not two).

Yes but I know a lot if people who had no problem with renewals with a constant balance in the bank book for one month prior. Be that as it may, I will have to solve this without leaving the country as I would not be able to apply for retirement without a non-immigrant 0. It looks like I will have to pay 15-20k for a visa service just because of a drop of 500 Baht under 800k for one day.

if you leave Thailand and come back on 30 non visa entry, you can apply at I/O to change this to Non O visa when the 30 days expire.  Then you will have the 90 days of the new Non O to get your money in order.  But when I di thsi, I had to show the full 800K in bank to get Non O.  check with I/O.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you exit Thailand without a reentry permit that will end your non O.

You could reenter visa exempt (border bounce) and receive 45 day stamp (after Oct 1) and apply for a non O with 800k in bank on the day you apply..

Subsequently obtain a 12 month extension 2 months later.

In other words ....start over. Not difficult. 

Minimum period for the bank statement is two months so I don't see how 45 days on visa exempt would work - or can I extend that stamp for 30 days again?

From Korat the nearest border crossing will be Chong Chom in Surin province. On Saturday I did a border bounce and got a 30 day admission stamp. I could not wait until Oct 1st to get the 45 days, but that is okay with me. The process of entering and leaving Cambodia is as before Covid. I went to do a re-entry on the day the border closed in March 2020. 

Anyway the process is simple and once you get the 45 days you can get an extension at immigration in Korat.