Check in times

samtam

I am travelling on Qatar on Sunday, leaving LOS for the first time in 3 1/2 years. They have recommended that we should check in 3 hours ahead of departure, even though we're on Business Class and always do online check in.

Is 3 hours before departure the norm for international travel these days?

38 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I always get to the airport 3-4 hours before my flight, hate having to rush about.

Biz class i'd say from check in to lounge max 30mins at Survanphum, i fly with Qatar once a month - <deleted> lounge.

Thanks. I guess in an abundance of caution I should follow the recommendation, but I too have previously experienced a quick check-in to lounge experience pre-pandemic. The Q lounge was quite nice when I last went, (but it was brand new about 4 years ago), and I'm sure like everything here, they don't maintain it, unlike the Doha lounge, which is spectacular.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I always get to the airport 3-4 hours before my flight, hate having to rush about.

Biz class i'd say from check in to lounge max 30mins at Survanphum, i fly with Qatar once a month - <deleted> lounge.

2 hours ago, samtam said:

Thanks. I guess in an abundance of caution I should follow the recommendation, but I too have previously experienced a quick check-in to lounge experience pre-pandemic. The Q lounge was quite nice when I last went, (but it was brand new about 4 years ago), and I'm sure like everything here, they don't maintain it, unlike the Doha lounge, which is spectacular.

Is mask wearing obligatory during flight now?

15 hours ago, PJ71 said:

They are not very strict, mainly as you board only.

You'll be left alone in biz class.

Good to know. Thank you. I will take masks with me, even though they are not required in Spain as much as they are expected here in Thailand, (although I'm not clear that is not changing here WEF 1 October). With or without those "rules" here anyway, I expect the vast majority will continue to wear masks indefinitely. 

• Like 2