Non-immigrant O extensions but circumstances will change. What are my options?

Just an update if anyone is interested. 

Managed to collect the detailed information on the Resident Permit application based on married to a Thai. The lady at the local immigration was very helpful and obtained the Thai version which is a few dozen-page long document regarding the necessary conditions, but, unfortunately, I can't apply.

Theoretically, I can tick all the boxes and should be able to apply. However, the tax payment criteria I couldn't have met due to previous employer not processing my work permit correctly and not registering me for tax payments for this year. Therefore, they see it as a "break" in tax payments. NASTY!!

The criteria is that the one should show continuous monthly tax payments for 3 consecutive years. And even if one month is missing, the application can't go ahead. I thought I could just pay more income tax on my secondary job. I had had two jobs in my work permit and the secondary job has never stopped but they simply ignore this fact, so this is a warning if anybody tries to go this route, they need to literally push an employer to pay taxes and process work permits on time.

The funny thing is that no one is willing to help even though I have done everything by the books.

The same is true for Thai citizenship application regarding the tax payments.

I am considering hiring a lawyer and want to  argue that my second job has never stopped and the reason why there is a break in my work permit history is that the previous employer had ignored the law regarding employing a foreigner.

• Haha 1