After obtaining a multi-entry Non-O visa abroad...

You can get a work permit with a non-o visa based upon marriage to or the parent of a Thai.

You can do the entry for a new 90 day entry by air or land at any border crossing.

To avoid doing a border run every 90 days you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife or child for every 90 days from your visa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clarky cat said:

thanks, so does that effectively make it 150 days every time I would need to do the border run? 

Yes

But to get the last 90 day entry from your visa before it expires you you probably would not want to get another 60 day extension.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

But to get the last 90 day entry from your visa before it expires you you probably would not want to get another 60 day extension.

Thanks

I will be changing from a Non-B working to Non-O and heard I can do a 60 day extension first, before changing to the Non-O, is this true? would I need to show proof of funds to do so?

Edited by clarky cat

1 hour ago, clarky cat said:

I will be changing from a Non-B working to Non-O and heard I can do a 60 day extension first, before changing to the Non-O, is this true? would I need to show proof of funds to do so?

You can apply for the 60 day extension of your stay from a non-b visa. No need for any financial proof.

35 minutes ago, clarky cat said:

is there a link to any more info on this? I'll be cancelling a work permit and will have a leaving letter

You will also be canceling your extension of stay based upon working before applying for the 60 day extension.

Requirements for the 60 day extension are here by clicking on number 24. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1890

Some offices may have more requirements such as a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

• Thanks 1