Flood-related Rice Damage Estimated at B2.9-3.1bn

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, Sept 30 (TNA) – Kasikorn Research Center estimated the damage of the first crop of rice caused by flooding at 2.9-3.1 billion baht.

The center said that flooding in regions had negative impacts on the first crop of rice which was about to reach markets, especially Hom Mali fragrant rice in the Northeast and the North where it was teeming down.

The research center said that the damage of the first rice crop would happen from August to October and would cause rice prices to increase for the time being.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1028480

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-09-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

The research center said that the damage of the first rice crop would happen from August to October and would cause rice prices to increase for the time being.

So they are taking a leaf out of the TAT forecasting book by telling us how much damage the yet to happen floods will cause!

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, MJCM said:

(Please note: This is a picture taken before the storm Noru hit, so the water will be much higher now)

That is my point!

We know there is going to be severe damage but they do NOT know what the TOTAL damage will be yet!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DezLez said:

That is my point!

We know there is going to be severe damage but they do NOT know what the TOTAL damage will be yet!

Of course no one knows what the actually damage will be, but they can make an estimate (and that is what they did)

Edited by MJCM
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Of course no one knows what the actually damage will be, but they can make an estimate (and that is what they did)

What is the point of an estimate two days before they will know the actual results of the damage?

The farmers already know what damage they have suffered and in the next two days they will know the total actual damage!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DezLez said:

What is the point of an estimate two days before they will know the actual results of the damage?

The farmers already know what damage they have suffered and in the next two days they will know the total actual damage!

Beats me, my guess it has to do with TiT ????

edit: but that said, talked to my BIL today and he is no idea how the rice harvest will go especially if the water doesn’t get any lower in the fields because then harvesters will have trouble.

Edited by MJCM
  • Haha 1