15-year-old motorcyclist collides with dog and dies

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

and the bickering continues , I left off this topic about this time yesterday , was it about Boxer dogs or a boy in boxers ? Oh I have 2 cats , they only chase each other.

Cat's can be an utter irritation too...

There’s one in my moobaan which keeps ‘spraying’ up my car and motorcycle....  

I’ve bought some spray-repellant to put down and an ultra-sonic deterrent. 

I don’t know if either of them will work.

If they don’t I’ll have little choice but to ask the owner to have the cat spayed so it glands are removed and it doesn’t want to spray everywhere (or can’t). 

If that doesn’t work, then what ??? I wonder if the owner minds me pi$$ing on his car....

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, mikebell said:

A dog would bring this down more easily. 

Surely everyone (except the Thai Government,) can see that the problem here is the sheer numbers of wild dogs. Besides accidents, often fatal; infections, sometimes fatal; there is the problem of dog dirt/urine everywhere.  After  the Covid precautions of disinfecting hands/temperature checks in shops/compulsory mask wearing; why do Thais allow this Mediaeval practice to continue?

The dogs are a problem for sure but education on the road and forbidding kids to drive motorcycles that go as fast as 100Km/h could be a good start. I see them every morning racing to school, with no helmets on, customized motorcycles. Even though they see their peers dying every day on the roads (people they know or on the news) they seem to think they are invincible.

39 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

The dogs are a problem for sure but education on the road and forbidding kids to drive motorcycles that go as fast as 100Km/h could be a good start. I see them every morning racing to school, with no helmets on, customized motorcycles. Even though they see their peers dying every day on the roads (people they know or on the news) they seem to think they are invincible.

If they were on bicycles instead of motorcycles the speed would obviously be less, but the same issues would still exist with stray dogs knocking them off, with the additional issue of strays chasing the kids of bicycles because they can keep up with them. 

I think the legal limit for motorcycles is 15 yrs at certain cc limit (110cc ???) - as you mention, that can still reach speed.

No helmets and no road eduction is clearly an issue. 

In schools (world wide) students learn so many various subjects, but they are never taught life skills. 

Many of those students may never need their chemistry, maths etc but nearly all of them will ride or drive and learning to do that safely will be more important than anything else they may learn (the same can be said for water safety). 

Thus: Education and enforcement of existing laws - Thailand is failing its youngsters. 

But... even with education and enforcement of existing laws, stray dogs are still an issue and something need to be done about that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Cat's can be an utter irritation too...

There’s one in my moobaan which keeps ‘spraying’ up my car and motorcycle....  

I would expect dogs to win out on that problem too... and they can reach higher!

On 10/2/2022 at 12:17 PM, richard_smith237 said:

If they were on bicycles instead of motorcycles the speed would obviously be less, but the same issues would still exist with stray dogs knocking them off, with the additional issue of strays chasing the kids of bicycles because they can keep up with them. 

I think the legal limit for motorcycles is 15 yrs at certain cc limit (110cc ???) - as you mention, that can still reach speed.

No helmets and no road eduction is clearly an issue. 

In schools (world wide) students learn so many various subjects, but they are never taught life skills. 

Many of those students may never need their chemistry, maths etc but nearly all of them will ride or drive and learning to do that safely will be more important than anything else they may learn (the same can be said for water safety). 

Thus: Education and enforcement of existing laws - Thailand is failing its youngsters. 

But... even with education and enforcement of existing laws, stray dogs are still an issue and something need to be done about that. 

I agree, they indoctrinate them with useless stuff... to avoid the road carnage 1 hour a week of road education would do miracles plus taking down all the stray dogs

On 9/30/2022 at 7:02 PM, chalawaan said:

The reason Thais wear masks and not helmets, is simple. 

The wearing of one was based on a marketing campaign of terror. 

The other has never even been addressed by the government, who are too busy spending time and money putting up birthday bunting. 

You should always wear a helmet to protect the others ????