15-year-old motorcyclist collides with dog and dies

snoop1130

7BC23C68-BBBE-4A97-98EC-99412BE43133-696x392.jpeg

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

A 15-year-old motorcyclist was killed on the spot after colliding with a dog this morning.

Huai Yai police and Sawang Boriboon rescue services rushed to a local road in the Huai Yai subdistrict of Banglamung, Chonburi, at 5:30 AM today, September 30th, after being notified of a fatal road accident.

The road was adjacent to a cassava field. The deceased 15-year-old victim Mr. Sirawut, whose last name was withheld by police due to his age, was found dead on the street. He wore a white t-shirt and boxers. His black Honda Click motorbike was found nearby along with a deceased female dog. The victim did not wear a helmet, according to police reports.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/30/15-year-old-motorcyclist-collides-with-dog-and-dies-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

11 hours ago, chalawaan said:

The reason Thais wear masks and not helmets, is simple. 

The wearing of one was based on a marketing campaign of terror. 

The other has never even been addressed by the government, who are too busy spending time and money putting up birthday bunting. 

Oh do leave it out... it is nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

No helmet, no clothing (basically), No licence, No insurance, Out at 5 am in the dark.

Sorry, but unless the kid was of to report some sort of crime taking , it's just the Heavens taking another idiot now rather than later.

As "heaven" is basically a religious cult-construct created by Western and Middle East religions, the death becomes even more wasteful no matter when it happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

People out in the countryside start their days early. Morning vendors routinely rise at 4 am and earlier. This kid could have been on his way to help his parents set up a food stall, heading to a an early morning part-time job, maybe even just running a quick errand for his parents.

Collision happened while it was still dark. On occasion dogs chasing a motorcycle will unexpectedly freeze right in the oncoming headlights. This happened to me once on an early morning bicycle ride, and its very hard to avoid a collision because it happens so suddenly. I suspect that's what may have happened here. RIP.

The OP says he was on the way to a friend's house, not work or helping family and certainly not a job.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

No helmet, no clothing (basically), No licence, No insurance, Out at 5 am in the dark.

Sorry, but unless the kid was of to report some sort of crime taking , it's just the Heavens taking another idiot now rather than later.

See them all the time. Sometime three or even four up. Usually in their school uniforms on their way to or from school.

As for this lad. 5:30 in the morning in his boxers. Likely on an errand, and speeding on an empty road. Dogs here, often run out at bikes and cause many accidents.

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Nothing to do with the quality of the air they breathe then? Filthy exhaust fumes! ????

pulling out that old chestnut eh. i would say less than 2 percent of all thai wore a mask for any reason before covid. 

i could post hundreds of videos to back up my claim. all readily available on youtube for anyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dan O said:

The OP says he was on the way to a friend's house, not work or helping family and certainly not a job.

I saw that detail after the fact in the full Pattaya News article as well. My point was that at 5 AM and out in the countryside (which is where this accident occurred) , chances are that he was getting an early start to the day rather than heading home after a long night of partying. The post I was responding to seemed to be inferring that at that hour of the morning he was probably up to no good.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

and we wonder why so many Thais hate the falang.

such an insensitive comment.  a young boy dies, and a visitor shows his disgust.  

All your happiness to live in LOS seems to be gone and now turned dark.   Please, go on Facebook and tell all how this boy's life isn't even worth reporting.    Sad comment from a person living in a country they want to stay in.......but clearly showing hate for its residents.

Rarely read something more stupid!

I would probably not live 32 years here, with a Thai partner and many good experiences if I would hate this country and its people!

My contribution should only point out that this just happens every day here! WITHOUT that something changes!

The "not worth mentioning" referred to the message, not to the death of the boy!!!

As long as parents and police allow children, from about 8 to 14 years, without a driver's license, helmet, insurance to drive a moped, it is idle to write a message about it!

Here at the school near me come in the morning children at the age of ca.10 - 14 years to 3 on their moped and the police regulates the traffic!

NO, no helmet control, no driver's license control, no insurance control, why also.???

It's all children who are not even allowed to sit on a moped according to the law!

And I see that, despite all calls to turn that off, for more than 30 years now!

The only police action in this time, it was to give away helmets, which did not deserve the term PROTECTIVE HELMET!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The road was adjacent to a cassava field. The deceased 15-year-old victim Mr. Sirawut, whose last name was withheld by police due to his age, was found dead on the street. He wore a white t-shirt and boxers. His black Honda Click motorbike was found nearby along with a deceased female dog. The victim did not wear a helmet, according to police reports.

Or proper shorts apparently.