Well, it's not BOT or Thai banks opening time of 0830 as it's 0850 and the restriction of 20K THB still exists.

Now if any of us are thinking this is only Thai baht issue, well, some other currencies also have weekend restrictions showing for them such as the Indian Rupee, Indonesian  Rupiah, and Philippines Peso as of 0850 Thai time.  See snapshots below.

Indian Rupee 

image.png.e6837e3c9aae013d9021bcd16ad7c17c.png

And actually for the Indonesian IDR a person gets the restriction starting above 7M IDR vs above 8M IDR....a Wise typo I guess.

image.png.b1dda4c2ef5f26fa3dd1c0ae73e0c015.png

P.I. Peso

image.png.6e1dbd222a9762cdc15953005496091b.png

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry, this weekend we can only accept transfers from customers sending a maximum of 20 000 THB. To send more, please return on Monday 3 October.

Sure bet you have to pay multiple fees for sending it in bits ! Maybe wise know something we do not about a huge dip/rise on monday morning

I initiated a transfer on Friday 30 Sept. Rate was 42.1486 THB/GBP.

Today's rate is 42.2217, so it appears there hasn't been any huge movement in the rate.

I just received an email that the money has been sent and will appear in my Thai account at 1401 today.

• Like 1

My next "maybe" time guess for lifting the 20K THB restriction is 1000 Thai time because for most of my USD-THB transfers although Wise would start off saying transfer should arrive in seconds but then change to they would send the THB at 1000 and it should post to my Thai bank acct a little after 1400.

Maybe there is something magic about approx 1000.  7 more minutes till 1000....time will tell.

Well, it's 1009 hrs...1000 Thai time has come and gone...20K THB restriction still exists.  

Maybe at 1101 (which is 0001 U.S. Eastern time), maybe noon/1200, maybe when London FX market opens in another 4 hours at 1400 Thai time...who knows...I'm guessed-out.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, pontious said:

It would be helpful if Wise added to the warning the reason. Also what time zone they use for 3 Oct. If it stays at that limit it will take 4 days for immigration transfers.

I assumed the limit would be on until the UK markets opened. 9am UK time, 5pm Thai time. 

It's a Wise restriction...as of 1032 Wise still has the restriction.....but when checking my OFX acct there is no restriction at 1032 Thai time. 

However, as I posted earlier on weekends OFX does not allow any THB transfers....only allows them Mon-Fri when FX markets are open....been like that for years and I've had an acct with them for around 3 years.

My OFX acct as of 1032 Thai time.   

image.png.c0653c0a47f107b480d0b73d7b726e69.png

Edited by Pib

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I assumed the limit would be on until the UK markets opened. 9am UK time, 5pm Thai time. 

Below website says the London FX market opens 1400 Thai time....and Sydney and Tokyo FX market open with London and New York closed as of 1038 Thai time.

https://www.babypips.com/tools/forex-market-hours

Snapshot as of 1038 Thai time.

image.png.c3d1a57b601ea2d51f51770fb972999a.png

2 hours ago, PPGuy said:

Look on the bright side. The GBP rate is currently 42.3470

Seems BoT can't stop the Baht slide.

One reason behind ?

Even Euro increased.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I know I sound paranoid, but I feel that there is something seriously wrong here.

1pm. Monday. 

Benz said   "Hope they will have a good explanation for that."

I doubt they will say anything. 

Got to be a lot of angry customers.by now.

3 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I guess that the restriction will be removed after the London office opens and the Wise guys have had their first cup of coffee.

Looks like first cups of coffee have now been consumed at Wise!????

• Like 1

London FX markets opens at 1400 Thai time (0800 UK DST) but Wise lifted the restriction on Thailand, India, Indonesia, and Philippines currencies a little before 1400.  

As far as I know there was no turmoil in those currencies this weekend or today.  I wonder what Wise's reasoning was for the restriction?   

Hope it don't turn into an every weekend event.

8 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

Monday 6:06 Thai time and can't send. 

Will try again on the hour, but I expect it won't be until 9am or later.

That means no transfer will be completed today, Monday.

I always send to fund long stay.., so funds arrive at 2pm...or a bit after.

Stinks.

Initiated a Bht 50k transfer at 10pm last night. It's just arrived, as an International Transfer....as it always has.

Did two conversions of GBP25,000  to my WISE THB account and all's well. Simple process.

Edited by KannikaP

4 hours ago, pontious said:

Just sent 20000 twice . Email says both will arrive today at 2.13 pm. If that works I will have to send 2 more 20000,s tomorrow - this is a pain in the ass.

Yes, it really is a P I T A to press the 'Repeat this transaction' button again.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yes, it really is a P I T A to press the 'Repeat this transaction' button again.

This made me money,

was going to transfer 1200GBP on the 1st, but restricted to 650GBP @ 42.2

This aft I transferred the other 550GBP @ 42.7

So I profited by 275bht!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1