STV (probably) extendable post 2022-09-30 [embassy email]

Hi, 

I'm sharing this as it's probably (good) news for some other STV holders as well. 

I entered mid september on a fresh STV and was given 3 months at entry. The scheme was ended by the government last week. I did, however, mail 5 European Thai Embassies and asked if the original extensions still was allowed. 

2 Yes

1 Ask Immigration

0 No's 

I'll update when the last 2 answers arrive. ????

FYI - Entered on a STV, July 9th 2022 and got stamped until October 6th.

Today was denied first extension by Rayong Immigration. So that's 1 for the No list and bad luck for me haha.

I'll try to contact my embassy in Bangkok and back in Europe tomorrow too. Guess we'll see I'll edit later

7 minutes ago, FBA90 said:

FYI - Entered on a STV, July 9th 2022 and got stamped until October 6th.

Today was denied first extension by Rayong Immigration. So that's 1 for the No list and bad luck for me haha.

I'll try to contact my embassy in Bangkok and back in Europe tomorrow too. Guess we'll see I'll edit later

I'm sorry to hear that and, unfortunately, I'm already counting on that being the same case when I'm to extend in mid-december. Makes little sense, but that's life. 

9 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Mods can lock/delete thread if they wish, since my title is misleading. 

Mods can change the subject line. You can "Report" your own post with a message giving your suggested modified subject line. I would suggest "STV (Special Tourist Visa) extensions. Possible? Experiences?"

There are others who will likely be interested in this thread, and I would not delete it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Wish I could change title...lol 

2 more Thai Embassies mail in: 

2 Yes
1 Ask Immigration
2 No

Mods can lock/delete thread if they wish, since my title is misleading. 

Embassies have no say on extensions unfortunately, immigration is the one that will have the correct answer but I think you already know its probably not gonna be available for extension. 

• Like 1